|Death Battle Combatant|
The Master of the Fist
|Appearance(s)||Akuma VS Shang Tsung|
|“||I am Akuma and I will teach you the meaning of pain!||„|
Known as Gouki in Japan, his life revolves around fighting. He travels the world day and night to find worthy opponents. He only lost once to his brother Gouken, whom he supposedly killed after a rematch. He also attempts to make Ryu succumb to the Satsui no Hado.
Death Battle Info
- Total Control
- Can Fire Multiple at Once
- Can be Charged
- Usable in Midair (Zanku Hadoken)
Special Moves And Attacks
- Kongo Kokuretsu Zan
- Shun Goku Satsu "The Raging Demon"
- Literally translates to "Instant Hell Murder"
One Minute Melee
Akuma appeared in Season 1 of One Minute Melee where he faced off against Kenpachi Zaraki from Bleach. He ended up winning when he sent Kenpachi flying with Demon Armageddon. In Season 2, Akuma won again when he transformed into Oni and knocked Kenpachi out with Misogi. In Season 4, Akuma was again victorious against his opponent, when he, in Oni form, killed Kenpachi with Wrath of the Raging Demon, but he lost his arm in the process. Their fight is known as Akuma VS Kenpachi Trilogy.
In M. Bison VS God Rugal, Dr. Bosconovitch reveals that Shadaloo captured Akuma sometime after the fight, and when Bison threatened the doctor's life, he unleashes God Rugal on his master, who was powered by Akuma's Hado. At the end of the fight, a future match is teased featuring Cyber-Akuma.
He made another cameo in the beginning of Byakuya VS Kakashi, where Byakuya spectates a part of his third fight against Kenpachi.
- Akuma is the first Capcom character in Death Battle, with the following 20 being Mike Haggar, Zangief, Felicia, Chun-Li, Dr. Wily, Blanka, M. Bison, Strider Hiryu, Ryu, Dan Hibiki, Mega Man, Dante, Cammy White, Ken Masters, Zero, Balrog, Vergil, Leon S. Kennedy, Frank West and Sigma.
- Akuma is the first Street Fighter character in Death Battle, with the next nine being Zangief, Chun-Li, Blanka, M. Bison, Ryu, Dan Hibiki, Cammy White, Ken Masters and Balrog.
- Akuma is the first Street Fighter character to fight against a Mortal Kombat character, with the next four being M. Bison, Ryu and Cammy White.
- He is also the first and so far the only Street Fighter character to defeat a Mortal Kombat character.
- Akuma is the first character to win in both Death Battle and One Minute Melee, with the next 17 being Sonic the Hedgehog, Hercule Satan, Kirby, Roronoa Zoro, Batman, Vegeta, Solid Snake, Raiden, Zero, Tails, Guts, Sora, Toph Beifong, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Link and Yang Xiao Long.
- Akuma is the first combatant to return to One Minute Melee, with the next ten being Bowser, Mecha Sonic, Batman, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sephiroth, Vergil, Vegeta, Mewtwo, Link and Zero.
- He is also the first combatant to return more than once in One Minute Melee, with the next one being Bowser.
- He is also one of only four characters, with the other three being Bowser, Vegeta and Frieza to appear more than once in One Minute Melee and win every time. Akuma and Bowser appeared and won three fights, while Vegeta and Frieza appeared and won two fights.
- Akuma is so far, the character with most victories, having won one fight in Death Battle, three in One Minute Melee, and one in DBX. The second place goes to Vegeta, who won one Death Battle, two One Minute Melees and one DBX.
- Akuma has made the second most appearances in ScrewAttack shows with 7, as he appeared once in Death Battle as a fighter, three times in One Minute Melee as a fighter, once in DBX as a fighter and in two cameos in two other One Minute Melee's. The first place goes to Batman with 10 appearances, as he appeared as a combatant in three Death Battles, in two One Minute Melees, in one DBX and having had a cameo in four other Death Battles.
- Akuma is the fourth character that won in Death Battle, One Minute Melee and DBX, with the three before him being Roronoa Zoro, Raiden and Zero, and the next one being Vegeta.
- He is also the first non-swordsman to accomplish this, the next being Vegeta. Curiously, they are both hand-to-hand antiheroes.
- Akuma and Kenpachi Zaraki are the first pair of fighters to have fought against each other three times, with the next two pairs being Sephiroth & Vergil and Mario & Sonic the Hedgehog.