|Death Battle Combatant|
The Master of the Fist
|Appearance(s)||Akuma VS Shang Tsung|
|“||I am Akuma and I will teach you the meaning of pain!||„|
Known as Gouki in Japan, his life revolves around fighting. He travels the world day and night to find worthy opponents. He only lost once to his brother Gouken, whom he supposedly killed after a rematch. He also attempts to make Ryu succumb to the Satsui no Hado.
Death Battle Info
- Total Control
- Can Fire Multiple at Once
- Can be Charged
- Usable in Midair (Zanku Hadoken)
Special Moves And Attacks
- Kongo Kokuretsu Zan
- Shun Goku Satsu "The Raging Demon"
- Literally translates to "Instant Hell Murder"
One Minute Melee
Akuma appeared in Season 1 of One Minute Melee where he faced off against Kenpachi Zaraki from Bleach. He ended up winning when he sent Kenpachi flying with Demon Armageddon. In Season 2, Akuma won again when he transformed into Oni and knocked Kenpachi out with Misogi. In Season 4, Akuma was again victorious against his opponent, when he, in Oni form, killed Kenpachi with Wrath of the Raging Demon, but he lost his arm in the process. Their fight is known as Akuma VS Kenpachi Trilogy.
In M. Bison VS God Rugal, Dr. Bosconovitch reveals that Shadaloo captured Akuma sometime after the fight, and when Bison threatened the doctor's life, he unleashes God Rugal on his master, who was powered by Akuma's Hado. At the end of the fight, a future match is teased featuring Cyber-Akuma.
He made another cameo in the beginning of Byakuya VS Kakashi, where Byakuya spectates a part of his third fight against Kenpachi.
- Akuma is the first Capcom character to be on Death Battle, the next 17 are Mike Haggar, Zangief, Felicia, Chun-Li, Dr. Wily, Blanka, M. Bison, Strider Hiryu, Ryu, Dan Hibiki, Mega Man, Dante, Cammy White, Ken Masters, Zero, Balrog and Vergil.
- Akuma is the first character to win in both Death Battle and in One Minute Melee, with the following being Sonic, Hercule Satan, Kirby, Roronoa Zoro, Batman, Vegeta, Solid Snake, Raiden, Zero, Tails and Guts.
- Akuma is the first combatant to return to One Minute Melee, with the next eight being Bowser, Mecha Sonic, Batman, Sonic, Sephiroth, Vergil, Vegeta, and Mewtwo.
- He is the also one of only two combatants to defeat the same opponent more than once, the other one being Frieza.
- Akuma is also one of only six characters, with the other five being Superman, Hercule Satan, Roronoa Zoro, Vegeta, and Frieza to fight the same opponent more than once and win every time. Akuma has defeated Kenpachi Zaraki three times, while Superman, Hercule Satan, Roronoa Zoro, Vegeta and Frieza have defeated Goku, Dan Hibiki, Rurouni Kenshin, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Mewtwo, respectively, twice.
- Akuma, Superman, and Frieza are the only characters who have fought in a rematch against their opponents and defeated them again.
- He is also one of only four characters, with the other three being Bowser, Vegeta, and Frieza to appear more than once in One Minute Melee and win every time. Akuma has appeared and won three fights, and Bowser, Vegeta, and Frieza appeared and won two fights.
- Akuma is the first character to appear on Death Battle and in One Minute Melee who first came to being in the 1990s, in his case, 1994 when Super Street Fighter II Turbo was first released for the arcades.
- Akuma is so far, the character with most victories, having won one fight in Death Battle, three in One Minute Melee, and one in DBX. The second place goes to Vegeta, who won one Death Battle, two One Minute Melees and one DBX.
- Along with Batman, Akuma has the most appearances, with five episodes.
- Akuma is the fourth character that won in Death Battle, One Minute Melee and DBX, with the three before him being Roronoa Zoro, Raiden and Zero, and the next one being Vegeta.
- He is also the first non-swordsman to accomplish this, the next being Vegeta. Curiously, they are both hand-to-hand antiheroes.
- Akuma is the first Street Fighter character featured on Death Battle, followed by Zangief, Chun-Li, Blanka, M. Bison, Ryu, Dan Hibiki, Cammy White, Ken Masters and Balrog.
- He was also the first shoto character on Death Battle, with Ryu being the second and Ken Masters being the third.
- He was the first Street Fighter character pit against a Mortal Kombat character, followed by M. Bison, Ryu and Cammy White.
- He is also the first (and so far the only) Street Fighter character to defeat a Mortal Kombat character.
- Akuma and Kenpachi Zaraki are the first pair of fighters to have fought against each other three times. The other pair of fighters to do this are Sephiroth and Vergil, who fought twice in One Minute Melee and once in Death Battle, while Akuma and Kenpachi Zaraki fought three times in One Minute Melee.
- Akuma, alongside Vergil, Dante, Mega Man, Zero and (arguably) Bass, are the strongest Capcom combatants so far.