|Death Battle Combatant|
|Appearance(s)||Mega Man VS Astro Boy|
|“|| Dr. Tenma: Wait! Are you sure you're ready for this, Astro? |
Astro Boy: I was made ready.
|~ Astro Boy to Dr. Tenma in the 2009 Astro Boy film|
In the futuristic year of 2003, Astro Boy (dubbed the Mighty Atom in Japan) was created by Dr. Tenma to replace his son Tobio, who was killed in a car crash, in order to have a second chance of being a father. However, Dr. Tenma realized that Astro Boy would not truly replace his son, so he sold him to a robot circus. During this time Astro Boy was discovered and adopted by Doctor Ochanomizu, who would teach Astro Boy and help him save the world on multiple occasions.
Death Battle Info
- Height: 4'5 | 135 cm
- Weight: 66 lbs | 30 kg
- Regarded as the ''God of Manga"
- Regularly faces anti-robot prejudice from humans
- His boots and underwear are not actually clothes; he's actually naked
- Has a holiday named after him in honor of his heroics: Astro Boy Day
Powers and Abilities
- 100,000 horsepower base strength
- Jet-powered flight
- Can increase hearing up to 1000x
- Energy cannons in his arms
- Finger Lasers
- Incredible strength and durability
- Fast-reacting electronic brain
- A machine gun in each butt cheek
- Tore off the entire top of a skyscraper
- Flew straight through 30 feet of solid iron
- Once stopped a space station's orbit
- Has defeated robots with far more horsepower than himself
- Took a missile to the sun and emerged partially melted, but functional
- Astro Boy is the ninth anime/manga character to get into Death Battle. The last eight were Vegeta, Goku, Strider Hiryu, Gundam Epyon, Majin Buu, Gaara, Guts, Hercule Satan and is followed by Agumon, Roronoa Zoro, Erza Scarlet, Voltron Lion Force, Natsu Dragneel, Portgas D. Ace and Android 18
- He is also the oldest anime/manga character in Death Battle so far. Ironically, he is one of the youngest age-wise.
- Astro Boy's sprites came from the 2003 Game Boy Advance game, Astro Boy: Omega Factor.
- Astro Boy is the only combatant to have been decapitated during their battle and not die.