|Death Battle Combatant|
The Left Eye of the World
|Appearance(s)||Dante VS Bayonetta|
|“||All right, let's dance baby.||„|
Cereza, AKA Bayonetta, is the main protagonist of the series of the same name. She appeared in the 58th episode and Season 3 Premiere of Death Battle, Dante VS Bayonetta, where she fought against Dante from the Devil May Cry series. She was voiced by Marissa Lenti, while her partner Jeanne was voiced by Dawn M. Bennett.
Bayonetta was born in Vigrid from the forbidden union of a Lumen Sage called Father Balder and an Umbran Witch called Rosa: the Witch was imprisoned and the Sage exiled from his clan. Bayonetta's birth caused a rift between the formally peaceful clans and eventually led to them engaging in a war. Bayonetta became a black sheep among the Umbran Witches, and during the war, Jeanne, a former childhood friend and rival, seals her away from the world while wiping her memory to protect her from those who would exploit her. For the next five hundred years, she is sealed in a coffin at the bottom of a lake. She is later rescued, at Father Balder's instructions. She goes in search of her forgotten past, heading for her old home of Vigrid, while fighting the angelic forces of Paradiso on the way.
Death Battle Info
- Real name: Cereza
- Height: 7'7" | 232 cm
- Weight: approx. 200+ lbs | 90+ kg
- Her standard clothes are her hair
- One of two surviving Umbra Witches
- The "Left Eye of the World"
- Once babysat her childhood self
Powers & Abilities
- Superhuman strength, speed, agility, and durability
- Witch Time
- Dramatically slows the flow of time
- Witch Walk
- Walks on walls & ceilings in the light of the moon
- Beast Within
- Animal transformations granting increased speed, flight, and damage negation
- Blazingly fast reflexes
- Proficiency with any weapon
- Love Is Blue
- Four supernaturally powerful handguns
- Katana which sucks the soul of its victims
- Gauntlets which strike with fire or electricity
- Ice skates which can freeze lava
- Whip imbued with poison
- Hammer which causes earthquakes on impact
- Defeated Jubileus, The Creator
- Headbutt a skyscraper across a city
- Threw a colossal satellite with her legs
- Dodged bullets when they were instantly respositioned behind her
- Fought her way through Inferno and back
- Tanked a superpowered bullet to the face and was merely staggered
Death Battle Quotes
Note: Jeanne's quotes are highlighted in Bold.
- "Another wandering lost soul I see?
- "Hmph. I see. But if you're looking for the Left Eye, that would either make you an angel... or a demon!"
- "Get back!"
- "Take this!"
- "Too slow."
- "Take this!"
- "Mm. What a disappointing finish."
- "Hmhmhm. Ah. Looks like you're more of a man than I thought!"
- "No touching."
- "You're a naughty boy hitting a girl like that! You need to be taught a lesson."
- "If you like that, you're gonna love this! Avavago!"
- "This is where we part ways love."
- "Cereza. Having some guy trouble?"
- "Not to worry, I've got this one handled."
- "So close."
- "Where'd you get that outfit, a thrift store?"
- "Ugh, bitch!"
- "Best pay attention boy!"
- "Pretty or not, don't fuck with a witch!"
- "No! That's not possible!"
- "Augh, not possible..."
- Bayonetta is the second character who was announced to be a Death Battle combatant far in advance from her future episode, the first one was Toph Beifong, and the next two are Smokey Bear and McGruff the Crime Dog.
- This makes her not only the second combatant to be announced in advance but the second female combatant as well.
- Bayonetta was announced to be in Death Battle the same day she was announced as a playable character in Super Smash Bros for the Wii U and 3DS.
- She's the seventh Sega character to appear as a Death Battle combatant, with the six being Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog, Tails, Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic, Segata Sanshiro and Knuckles the Echidna, and with the next one being Amy Rose.
- She's also the second Sega character to not be a Sonic character, with the first one being Segata Sanshiro.
- Bayonetta is the fifth combatant to get a professional voice actor from FUNimation. The first four being Iron Man (voiced by Chuck Huber), Solid Snake (voiced by Christopher Sabat), Tifa Lockhart (voiced by Tia Ballard) and Tai (voiced by Todd Habberkorn).
- Bayonetta and her opponent share a creator, Hideki Kamiya.
- Bayonetta is the second female combatant to lose against a male combatant. The first was Riptor and the next two are Erza Scarlet and Renamon.
- She's the first female Sega combatant. She's also the third Sega character who is a human being, the first being Dr. Eggman and the second being Segata Sanshiro.
- Bayonetta, along with Jeanne, are the only Sega combatants who utilize firearms and magic throughout their fights (unless one were to count the mystical Chaos Energies wielded by Team Sonic and Shadow).
- Bayonetta is the third Sega character to have been killed by a non-Mario character. The first was Shadow, who was vaporized by Vegeta's Final Flash, and the second was Dr. Eggman, who was obliterated by Metal Sonic.
- Bayonetta is one of the few combatants to suffer a fate worse than death. While technically Umbra Witches' souls can be retrieved from Inferno within a day as a time limit, since Bayonetta was blown into pieces by Dante, this eliminates any possible method to save her soul and remain alive in the Human World. On top of her death being one of the most gruesome scenes in the series, she will have to wander the realm of Inferno, powerless, until she gets devoured by a demon killing her for good. As such, Bayonetta can be considered dead.
- Nearly a year after Dante VS Bayonetta's release, Boomstick headed a ScrewAttack Top 10 video of his Top 10 waifus and placed Bayonettta as #1.
- Bayonetta is the first combatant to face a character from Devil May Cry, with the second being Sephiroth.