|Death Battle Combatant|
|Origin||X-Men vol. 1 #1 (Marvel Comics)|
|Appearance(s)||Beast VS Goliath|
|“||"With faint heart, averted feet, and many a tear, in our opposive path to persevere". A minor poet for a minor obstacle.||„|
Hank McCoy was born with giant hands and feet as a result of the mutant gene, but kept it a secret by studying many doctorates, and excelling at sports. Once it was revealed he was a mutant, Hank was shunned by everyone - including his friends and family. Eventually he was recruited by Professor Xavier and joined the X-Men as one of its founding members codenamed Beast.
He briefly left the team to study a way to rid himself of the mutagen gene, but unfortunately while testing it, it did the opposite of what it was meant to do. This caused him to become a blue-furred beast, and decided to fight again with the X-Men.
Death Battle Info
- Henry "Hank" McCoy
- Height: 5'11"/1.8 m
- Weight: 402 lbs/182.3 kg
- Six doctorates, including biophysics
- Teacher at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
- Member of the X-Men, Avengers, Defenders, & Illuminati
- Likes Shakespeare... a lot
- Genetic Atavism
- Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, reflexes, dexterity, & senses
- Enhanced senses
- Improved healing
- Claws & fangs
- Genius intellect
- Strength increases when enraged
- Taken hits from Juggernaut & Hulk
- Effortlessly rips through metal
- Smashed a tank with bare hands
- Defeated Frenzy & Danger
- Survived the vacuum of space
- Moved a 60+ ton tree of gold
- Cured blindness
- Made a squid super intelligent
- Beast is the second Marvel Comics character to fight a non-DC Comics character, the first was Thor and it was followed by Doctor Doom, Wolverine, Deadpool (in his second fight) and Captain Marvel.
- Beast was also the first, and for a while, only Marvel character to battle an opponent who was not from Warner Bros until Wolverine VS Raiden.
- He and his opponent are the first and second Disney-owned combatants to face another character from the same company. The third and fourth being Darth Vader and Doctor Doom.
- Beast is the second Marvel character to lose a Death Battle, the first being Captain America and the next four being Wolverine, Quicksilver, The Hulk and Captain Marvel.