|Death Battle Combatant|
The Hard-Hitting, High-Flying Avenger
|Appearance(s)||Android 18 VS Captain Marvel|
|“||Who's up for a little first contact?||„|
|~ Carol Danvers|
Captain Marvel, originally known as Ms. Marvel (real name: Carol Danvers) is a superheroine from Marvel Comics. She appears in the 78th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Android 18 VS Captain Marvel, where she fought against Android 18 from the Dragon Ball series. She was voiced by Terri Doty.
Carol Danvers was once an ordinary pilot for the United States Air Force, and acted as the chief of security at a restricted military base. It was here were she met Dr. Walter Lawson, the secret identity of Captain Marvel, a superhero from the Kree alien race, and became good friends with him. One day, Carol got too close to a Kree device as it explodes, and she was caught in the blast. While Captain Marvel managed to save her life, she sustained horrible injuries. After recovering, Carol discovered that the explosion somehow merged her genetic structure with Captain Marvel's, turning her into a human-Kree hybrid with Captain Marvel's powers. From that day on, she took on the superhero identity of Ms. Marvel, after the man who's powers she now had. While she was Ms. Marvel, the Brotherhood of Mutants villain and future X-Men member Rogue stole her abilities permantely as a result she lost her powers for quite a while. Carol Danvers has also been known by a number of other aliases Binary and Warbird.
While trying to stop the Phoenix Force from coming back to Earth, Carol encountered a brainwashed Captain Marvel, who had previously died from cancer and was resurrected by the Kree, who tried to fight her and assist the Phoenix Force. After being broken out of his brainwashing, Captain Marvel decided to sacrifice the portion of the Phoenix Force that revived him to save Carol and some other heroes from being attacked by the Phoenix Force, giving up his new chance at life to buy them time. This made Carol realize just how much Captain Marvel meant to her, and as such, she took on his superhero name for herself to continue her old friend's legacy.
Death Battle Info
- Real Name: Carol Danvers
- Height: 5'11" | 180.34 cm
- Air Force call sign: Cheeseburger
- Former Air Force, NASA, Avengers
- Avengers Clearance: Alpha
- Has a "cat" named Chewie
- Super Strength
- Super Speed
- Photon & Light Energy Blasts
- Energy Field Creation
- Energy Absorption
- Binary Form
- Power of white hole
- Star-level energy
- Absorbed the energy of a nuke
- Recorded hit of 92 tons of force
- Flew from Earth to atmo in 118 seconds
- Overcame Venom symbiote
- Saved the sun
- Punched Iron Man out of his armor
- Started 2nd superhero Civil War
- Obliterated a planet as Binary
- Survived two hits from Destructor's beam
- Defeated Vision, Traveler, Stature, & Hulk
- Get back. This orb is coming with me!
- Don't make me hurt you...
- Ouch! Hey!
- No fair! That's playing dirty!
- Surprise! Thanks for the energy!
- I can take whatever you give and dish it back twice as hard!
- Ha ha ha! Have a taste of your own energy!
- No fair. I can still...
- Captain Marvel is the 14th combatant from Marvel to appear in DEATH BATTLE.
- Captain Marvel is the first Marvel Comics combatant to face a Dragon Ball Z character.
- She is also the 2nd female combatant from Marvel to appear, with the first being Rogue.
- She is however the first female Marvel character to lose.
- Captain Marvel is also the seventh Marvel Cinematic Universe character to appear in Death Battle (with her upcoming film set to be released on March 6, 2019). The others being Thor, Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Hulk.
- She's also the 2nd Marvel character to have the Captain title in her name, with Captain America being the first.
- Captain Marvel is the 6th Marvel character who faces a combatant who isn't from DC Comics, the first five were Thor, Beast, Wolverine, Doctor Doom and Deadpool, with the next one being Silver Samurai.
- Throughout her entire section, an ending theme from Marvel VS Capcom 3 plays, which is a game she herself never appeared in (she does appear on a card, but not physically). This would make Captain Marvel the only character with music that plays in their section of the episode without music from a piece of source material they appeared in.