|Death Battle Combatant|
|Appearance(s)|| Pokémon Battle Royale |
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro (cameo)
Pokémon VS Digimon
|“||Charizard, the Flame Pokémon, when competing in intense battles, Charizard's flame becomes more intense as well.||„|
|~ Ash's Unova Pokédex from the Unova adventures of the Pokémon Anime|
Charizard is a Pokémon from the series of the same name. It appears in the 33rd episode of Death Battle, the Pokémon Battle Royale, against Blastoise and Venusaur. It appeared again in the Season 2 finale alongside the Pokémon trainer Red where it faced Agumon and his Digimon tamer Tai in Pokémon VS Digimon along with its trainer, Red.
Charizard is the final evolution of the Kanto starter Pokémon, Charmander. Based off of their Pokédex entries, these Pokémon are the warrior type. From the skies, they search for powerful opponents to face, but have a sense of honor as well and won't harm those who are weaker than it. However, they have been known to have a nasty temper, and when angered they won't hesitate to burn everything around them down to the ground.
Death Battle Info (Pokémon Battle Royale)
- Species: Flame Pokémon
- Type: Fire & Flying
- Height: 1.7 m / 5'07"
- Weight: 90.5 kg / 199.5 Ilbs
- Natural Habitat: Mountains, Valleys
- Personality: Aggressive, Prideful, Warrior Mentality
- HP: 266 - Average
- Attack: 173 - Below average
- Defense: 161 - Below Average
- Sp. Attack: 223 - Above Average
- Sp. Defense: 175 - Average
- Speed: 205 - Above Average
- Dragon Rage
- Dragon Claw
- Shadow Claw (Ghost-type move with increased Critical-hit chance)
- Air Slash
- Wing Attack
- Fire Fang
- Heat Wave
- Fire Spin (Traps target in vortex of flame)
- Flare Blitz (Powerful flaming tackle, deals 33% recoil damage)
- Flame Burst (Burns surrounding area, hits multiple targets)
- Flamethrower (Powerful flame stream, May burn target, Can melt boulders)
Pros & Cons
- Effective against: Grass, Bug, Steel, Fire, Fighting, Fairy
- Weak against: Rock, Water, Electric
- Pro: Great speed & maneuverability
- Pro: Immune to ground-type attacks
- Con: Frail defense
- Con: Difficult to raise & control
Death Battle Info (Pokémon VS Digimon)
- Height: 5'07" / 170 cm
- Weight: 199.5 lbs / 90.5 kg
- Type: Fire/Flying
- Ability: Blaze
- Boosts Fire attacks while at low health
- Held item: Charizardite X
- Mega Punch
- Mega Kick
- Seismic Toss
- Fire Spin
- Fire Blast
- Blast Burn
- Wing Attack
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Rock Smash
- Triple Finish
- Flare Blitz
Mega Charizard X
- Height: 5'07" / 170 cm
- Weight: 243.6 lbs / 110.5 kg
- Type: Fire/Dragon
- New Ability: Tough Claws
- Increases power of contact moves by 33%
- Requires Charizardite X
- Attack +46, Defense +33, Sp. Attack +21
- Powerful enough to combat legendary Pokémon
- Defeated a wild Mewtwo
- Can lift a golem which weighs over 600 lbs / 300 kg
- Defeated Blue's Blastoise despite type disadvantage
- Ash's Charizard defeated Noland's Articuno
- Fire can reach temperatures over 2,100 Fahrenheit / 1,149 Celsius
- Survived battling Entei & Primal Groudon
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro
- Charizard is the second Death Battle combatant to be stunned through choking before being finished off, the first was Bucky O'Hare , and the third was Goku.
- Charizard seems to be Boomstick's favorite of the trio, as he said that he "would so ride one of those into battle" and seemed rather upset after the fight saying, "CHARIZARD! NOOO!!!"
- Charizard is one of the few combatants who is both a species and an individual. The others are Yoshi, Pikachu, The Terminator, Venusaur, Blastoise, Agumon, Lucario and Renamon.
- Charizard is the fifth combatant to return for another episode after appearing in an earlier episode (this time under the ownership of Red), the first being Leonardo, the second being Batman, and the third and fourth being Goku and Superman. The sixth is Shadow the Hedgehog, the seventh is Deadpool and the eighth is Metal Sonic.
- Charizard's moveset in Pokémon VS Digimon were based on Super Smash Bros Brawl, Red's moveset that he taught him in HGSS and BW2, and Alain's Charizard. Like "Triple Finish", "Dragon Pulse","Focus Blast", and "Dragon Claw"
- Charizard and the other Kanto Starters made a cameo in Chuck Norris VS Segeta Sanshiro.
- He is the first Death Battle loser to return during the same season he appears in, along with losing in the same season, this is the exact opposite of Leonardo (whom won both of his fights in the same season that he appeared in).
- He is also the second combatant to be featured in both a Battle Royale and a 1-v-1 match, after Leonardo, however he is the first loser of a Battle Royale to return in another episode.
- He is the second Nintendo character to return to Death Battle, following Samus Aran.
- Charizard is the third combatant with a 2D sprite and 3D model. The first two were Boba Fett and Samus Aran with the next one being Deadpool.
- However he's the first character to appear in both sprite form and 3D form in the same season.
- Charizard is (so far) one of the only combatants who have lost twice, along with Shadow the Hedgehog.
- This does not count Goku or Boba Fett as Goku's fight was a rematch, while Boba's was a remaster.
- Charizard is (so far) the only losing combatant to be featured twice in the same season.
- Charizard is the first Pokémon combatant to lose to a Digimon combatant.
- Charizard is the first Pokémon combatant to have come with a Trainer in battle.
- Charizard is (so far) the only returning combatant with a confirmed 3D model.
- Charizard and his Mega X Form is from Pokémon X and Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire and Pokémon Sun & Moon
- Charizard and his trainer, Red are the final combatants to lose in DEATH BATTLE! Season 2.
- Though Charizard ultimately lost both of his Death Battles, he was successful in killing both Venusaur and defeating Greymon before Agumon digivolved into WarGreymon and before Blastoise killed him via overinflation.