|Death Battle Combatant|
The Defender of the World's Largest Banana Hoard
|Appearance(s)||Donkey Kong VS Knuckles|
|“||My bananas and my buddy, Diddy, they are gone! The Kremlings will pay! I'll hunt them down through every corner of my island, until I have every last banana from my hoard back!||„|
|~ Donkey Kong|
Donkey Kong is the grandson of Cranky Kong and the son of Donkey Kong Jr. He is the leader of the DK crew and resides in Kongo Jungle, where he protects a large stash of bananas.
Death Battle Info
- Height: 6'1" | 185 cm (on knuckles)
- Weight: 800 lbs | 363 kg
- Name was meant to translate to "Stupid Ape"
- According to the Crystal Coconut, is destined to rule his home island
- Can devour several dozen bananas in three seconds flat
- Greatly expanded his percussionist talents over the years
Abilities & Weapons
- Tremendous strength & durability
- Giant Punch
- If fully charged, unleashes a punch of significant power
- Hand Slap
- Causes small-scale earthquakes that can alter the environment
- Punched a giant walrus so high, he caused a small tsunami when he landed in the ocean
- Can deadlift pirate ships out of the ground... while standing on them
- Can tank point-blank cannonball fire
- Shatters flaming boulders by simply clapping his hands together
- Has survived atmospheric re-entry on at least two occassions
Weaknesses & Stupidity
- Immensely stupid
- As lazy as he is unintelligent
- Motivated exclusively by bananas... and sometimes his loved ones
- Should the hair on the top of his head be cut, he will lose all his strength
- Despite his extreme power, he's still susceptible to being kidnapped easily
- Donkey Kong is the 16th Nintendo character to be in Death Battle. The last fifteen were Samus Aran, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Mario, Princess Zelda, Princess Peach, Link, Pikachu, Fox McCloud, Luigi, Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, and Kirby, followed by Red, Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo and Lucario.
- Donkey Kong is also (technically) the 7th Mario character to get into Death Battle.
- Donkey Kong is the third Nintendo character to fight a Sega character.
- Unlike Mario and Luigi who lost to Sonic and Tails before, Donkey Kong was victorious in his battle against Knuckles, making him the first Mario character to defeat a Sonic character.
- As well as the first Nintendo character to defeat a Sega character, followed by Mewtwo.
- Donkey Kong is the first Donkey Kong character to appear on Death Battle.
- Donkey Kong is the third Mario character to win a Death Battle, the first two being Yoshi and Princess Peach.
- Donkey Kong is the fourth Death Battle champion to roar in victory, the first three were Blastoise, Godzilla, and Goliath, followed by Doomsday.