|Death Battle Combatant|
The Leader of the Manhattan Clan
|Appearance(s)|| Beast VS Goliath
Batman Beyond VS Spider-Man 2099 (cameo, as a statue)
|“||You are trespassing.||„|
|~ Goliath while holding onto the viking leader Hakon|
In the year 994 A.D., a clan of gargoyle warriors led by their leader Goliath formed a partnership with a Scottish kingdom. They would protect the castle from invaders at night, and the humans would protect them during the day since gargoyle's turn to stone at sunrise. Unfortunately, they faced prejudice against the humans due to their beastly appearance, and were betrayed by the humans they swore to protect. Most of Goliath's clan was destroyed, and thoses that survived were placed under a curse that sealed them in stone forever. However, the curse could be broken if the castle was over the clouds.
Then one thousand years later in 1994, businessman Xanatos had all the stones and foundation of the castle moved from Scotland and on top of his skyscraper in New York City that poked above the clouds. It worked, and the curse was broken, awakening the gargoyles awoke once more. Goliath was then tasked in leading his clan into the modern day world.
DEATH BATTLE! Analysis
- Height: >6'/>1.82 m
- Weight: N/A
- Age: 1,066 (66 years experienced)
- Birth year: 918 AD
- Leader of the Manhattan Clan
- Mentored by Hudson
- Energized by absorbing solar radiation in stone sleep
- Likes Shakespeare & Dostoyevsky
- Superhuman strength, speed, agility & durability
- Immune to cold & heat
- Stone-like skin
- Sophisticated intellect
- Strength increases when enraged
- Caught a blade in his bare hands
- Ripped through 2 feet of steel
- Survived multiple lightning strikes
- Outsmarted Oberon
- Survived a direct hit from an anti-air cannon
- Punched through ice several feet thick
- Survived being shot down by a Messerchmitt warplane
Batman Beyond VS Spider- Man 2099
The stone gargoyle which Terry McGinnis is seen perching on bears a strong resemblance to Goliath.
- Goliath is the first Disney character in Death Battle who was actually made by Disney, with the next one being Scrooge McDuck.
- Goliath is the third Death Battle champion to roar in victory, the first two being Blastoise and Godzilla, and with the next two being Donkey Kong and Doomsday.
- Goliath is the second non-DC combatant to face a character from Marvel Comics, with the first being Raiden from Mortal Kombat, and with the next five being Darth Vader, Raiden from Metal Gear, Pinkie Pie, Android 18 and The Shredder.