|Death Battle Combatant|
|Origin||Tales of Suspense #57|
|Appearance(s)||Green Arrow VS Hawkeye|
|“||World's greatest marksman, at your service.||„|
Orphaned at a young age, Clint Barton ran away to the circus with his brother, Barney (who would go on to become one of his greatest foes). At the circus, he mastered the art of archery and left after discovering his mentors were criminals, becoming a solo carnival act.
During one of his performances, he witnessed Iron Man rescue some civilians and was inspired to become a costumed hero, using his archery skills to become the superhero known as Hawkeye. While he had a rough start and even collaborated with the then-villainous Black Widow to bring down Tony Stark, he eventually joined the Avengers and became one of its most valuable members.
DEATH BATTLE! Analysis
- Real Name: Clinton Francis Barton
- Height: 6'3" | 191 cm
- Weight: 230 lbs | 104 kg
- Has fought under four superhero names
- Past Romances: 6
- Favorite Movie: Blade Runner
- Putty Arrows
- Bola Arrows
- Acid Arrows
- Boomerang Arrows
- Freezing Arrows
- Parachute Arrows
- Pym Particle Arrows
- Adamantium Arrows
- Rocket Arrows
- Can fire as many as nine arrows at once and hit all targets
- Caught an arrow in his bare hand while blind
- Once had a marathon 42 hour target practice session with no breaks
- Infiltrated Dark Avengers HQ and took on Bullseye, Daken, and Venom
- Strung a bow and fired an arrow before enemy could release his bowstring
One Minute Melee
Hawkeye appears in an episode of One Minute Melee, where he fought his Death Battle opponent, Green Arrow once again, this time ending up losing. Hawkeye also briefly appeared in the April Fools episode Goku vs Sonic, in which he and the Avengers are defeated by Goku.
- Hawkeye is the sixth Marvel character to face a DC character.
- Despite the thumbnail showing Hawkeye in his classic costume, his sprite for the fight featured him in his modern outfit. Coincidentally, the opposite is true for Green Arrow.
- The Death Battle info lists Clint as having fought under 4 superhero names, as he was also Ronin and Goliath for a short period in the comics. He was also once selected by Tony Stark to replace Captain America after his death.