|Death Battle Combatant|
The Substitute Shinigami
|Appearance(s)||Naruto VS Ichigo|
|“||...If fate is a millstone, then we are the grist. There is nothing we can do. So I wish for strength. If I cannot protect them from the wheel, then give me a strong blade, and enough strength... to shatter fate.||„|
|~ Ichigo Kurosaki|
Ichigo Kurosaki is the main protagonist of the Bleach series. He appeared in the 85th episode of Death Battle, Naruto VS Ichigo, where he fought against Naruto Uzumaki from the Naruto series. He was voiced by Adam Park.
Ichigo Kurosaki is a high school student who long had the ability to see ghosts, allowing him to meet the Soul Reaper Rukia Kuchiki while she was hunting a gluttonous spirit called a Hollow. Their meeting led to Ichigo becoming a substitute Soul Reaper while Rukia heals and regains her strength. But it only resulted with Ichigo dealing with more than just Hollows, first facing the Soul Society's 13 Court Squads over Rukia's action and then the traitorous Soul Reaper Sōsuke Aizen and his army of humanized-Hollows called Arrancars while dealing with an internal conflict of a Hollow manifesting in his being. It was only while facing Yhwach and his Wandenreich army that Ichigo finally learns the origin of his powers, though his resolve remained the same it was when he has Rukia transfer her powers to him: To protect his friends and family.
Death Battle Info
- Full Name: Ichigo Kurosaki
- Height: 5'11" | 181 cm
- Weight: Approx. 145 lbs | 66 kg
- Home: Karakura Town
- Substitute Shinigami
- Oken Shihakusho kimono
- Trained by Urahara, Yoruichi, Hiyori, & Isshin
Powers & Abilities
- Immense spiritual pressure
- Superhuman strength & speed
- Masterful swordsmanship
- Getsuga Tensho
- Getsuga Jujisho
- Shunpo (Flash Step)
- Blut Vene
- Gran Rey Cero
- Name: Zangetsu (2 swords, 2 spirits)
- Quincy Zangetsu
- Former Name: Yhwach
- Manifestation of Quincy Heritage
- A piece of Yhwach's soul
- Hollow Zangetsu
- Bankai: Tensa Zangetsu
- Boosts power by a factor of 10
- Complete Hollow
- Visored Hollow
- Vasto Lorde
- Merged Hollow + Quincy Form
- Final Getsuga Tensho
- Sacrifices powers to use Mugetsu
- Final Getsuga Tensho
- Improves physical attributes
- Fullbring Shikai
- Fullbring Bankai
- Requires Kushanada assistance
- True Shikai
- Wields 2 Zanpaktos
- True Bankai
- Casually obliterates mountains
- Wrecked Wahrwelt palace
- Survived Aizen's Fragor & Hado 90
- Blocked the Sokyoku
- Punched through entire city blocks
- Lifted five 93 ton iron pillars
- Defeated Kenpachi, Aizen, Ginjo Ulquiorra, Yhwach
Death Battle Quotes
- "What's that energy? Is that a hollow?"
- "He can't see me? Good..."
- "Quit running, coward!"
- "You're dead!"
- "How the heck-!?"
- "Bring it on!"
- "Getsuga Tensho!"
- "Yo! Not bad, but I'm still gonna beat your ass!"
- "Give me a freakin break..."
- "Is that the best you can do?"
- "Screw you...BASTARD!!!"
One Minute Melee
Ichigo appeared in Season 3 premiere episode of One Minute Melee, where he fought Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto and won. He later appears alongside Roronoa Zoro and Monkey D. Luffy trying to escape the forest in the Season 4 premiere, Oni VS Kenpachi 3, where he was voiced by InThirteen.
- Ichigo is the first Bleach character in Death Battle.
- Ichigo and his opponent are the 9th and 10th Shueisha characters in Death Battle, after Vegeta, Son Goku, Majin Buu, Gaara, Hercule Satan, Roronoa Zoro, Portgas D. Ace and Android 18, and with the next three being Jotaro Kujo, Kenshiro and Lucy.
- Ichigo is possibly the fourth combatant to receive his original voice actor following Yang Xiao Long, The Meta and Agent Carolina.
- His VA is credited as Adam Park, a character voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, with the reference being to a wikipedia page about frogs. The commentary for Naruto VS Ichigo does confirm he has a voice actor but does not confirm who it is. If Bosch did indeed voice Ichigo, he may not have been credited to avoid the legal issues surrounding getting him to voice a character that he would legally and contractually not be able to voice.
- Bosch further adds to the speculation by tweeting about the fight, saying the "Ichigo VO was spot on" and retweeting other promotional tweets for the battle. Ben also responds to him and says "I don't think we could've found a better actor for the role!"
- If this were the case, then Ichigo would be the first combatant to not originate from a Rooster Teeth show to get his original voice actor.
- Ichigo's death via incineration is comparable to Ace's death from Natsu VS Ace.