|Death Battle Combatant|
The Armored Avenger
|Origin||Tales of Suspense #39|
|Appearance(s)||Iron Man VS Lex Luthor|
Anthony Edward "Tony" Stark "AKA" Iron Man is a superhero from Marvel Comics. He appeared in the 46th episode, Iron Man VS Lex Luthor, where he fought the arch-nemesis of Superman, Lex Luthor. He was voiced by Chuck Huber, while his artificial intelligence, J.A.R.V.I.S., was voiced by Jay Britton.
Tony Stark is the adoptive son of Howard and Maria Stark. He is a master prodigy, building his first engine at age 6, and getting his masters degree at MIT at age 15. When his parents died from a car crash, he inherited Stark Industries, and used the profits from the weapons manufacturing and trading for his own excursions.
However, everything changed in Afghanistan when a shrapnel bomb critically injured Tony in his heart, and was captured by a group of terrorists who wanted him to build more weapons for them. Instead, Tony created an Arc Reactor to keep the shrapnel in his heart from going deeper in, and constructed a suit made of Iron to make his escape.
Once back in America, Tony shut down the weapon manufacturing wing, and decided to save the world as best as he can with a new suit, dubbing him self as the Invincible Iron Man.
Throughout his many battles, he became one of the founding members of The Avengers, and has created more suits for any type of battle he might come across.
Death Battle Info
- Real name: Anthony Edward Stark
- Aliases: Armored Avenger, Shellhead, Master of Machines
- Height: 6'1"/185 cm
- Weight: 225 lbs/102 kg
- Estimated net worth: $9.3 billion
- Owner of Area 51
- Claims to have beaten Mr. Fantastic in chess twice
Iron Man Armor
- Composed of gold-titanium alloy
- Adds 5 inches to Tony's height, yet only weighs 25 lbs
- Capable of high-speed flight, super strength, and enhanced durability
- Standard Weaponry
- Repulsor Rays
- Smart Missiles
- Anti-tank Missiles
- Downed She-Hulk with one punch
- Can hold his own against Captain America in hand-to-hand
- Can achieve warp speed flight
- Tanks hits from Mjolnir
- Strong enough to bend metal girders with his suit's hands
- Lifts up cars with one hand
- First human to possess the reality-warping Infinity Gauntlet
Death Battle Quotes
Note: J.A.R.V.I.S.' quotes are highlighted in Bold.
- "Sir, we have a visitor."
- "Hands off baldy!"
- "What's that you got there? Oh yeah!" *Destroys crystal Lex is holding* "It's mine. I'll send you the bill."
- "Actually sir, I should probably remind you. The contents of this warehouse belong to Miss Potts."
- "I'll forward the estimated damage fee to her account."
- "Great. Be discreet about it."
- "One of us has to be."
- "His systems are confusing my targeting, also adding two million to your charges."
- "Not now Jarvis! What do we got here?"
- "I am having difficulty determining the suit's alloy. Alien perhaps?"
- "How about this part?"
- "Hey, you're the one who looks like a giant rusty trash can with legs. No judging!"
- "Sir, I estimate that will be a 583 million dollar fee."
- "Whoa! Whoa! That one's on him!"
- "All right! Come to Mama! Heave Ho!"
- "That one might actually make a dent in your wallet."
- "What are you talking about? It's just a car." *Sees prices on Batmobile* "Seriously? What kind of car was that? Where do I get one of those?"
- "Watch your left."
- "No problem pal. Thanks for the suit."
- "I have a plan, attack!"
- "Good night cueball!"
- "I don't know Lex. Being a god can't be too hard. I mean, I'm the most intelligent, capable person on the planet. I'm not playing God. All this time... I've been playing human."
- "I'll take this!"
- "Here's the big one!"
- "That was Pepper's building wasn't it?"
- "Tell her I'm not here. I'm, uh... Jogging!"
- "I'm not here. I'm jogging."
One Minute Melee
Iron Man made a cameo appearance in the Goku VS Sonic? One Minute Melee episode, where he and the other Avengers try to stop Goku's rampage, only for he and Hawkeye to be easily taken out by Goku's ki blasts.
Iron Man appeared in the season 2 premiere of DBX, where he took on Capcom's Mega Man X and lost.
- Iron Man is the fifth Marvel Character who faced off against a DC Character, after Rogue, Spider-Man, Captain America and Deadpool, and with the next seven being Hawkeye, Quicksilver, The Hulk, Venom, Thor, Spider-Man 2099 and Black Panther.
- Tony's line to Lex about "playing human" was taken from the Superior Iron Man comic, though Tony had gone through the personality reversal at that point.
- Iron Man is the first character to get a professional voice actor from Funimation, followed by Solid Snake (voiced by Christopher Sabat) and Tifa Lockhart (voiced by Tia Ballard).
- Iron Man is also the eighth Death Battle Combatant to be featured on The Desk of Death Battle hosted by Jocelyn the Intern herself.
- Iron Man is the second combatant that lost in both One Minute Melee and DBX, with Terry Bogard being the first and being followed by Link, Lucario, Luigi and Kenshiro.