|Death Battle Combatant|
|Origin||The Legend of Zelda (1986)|
|Appearance(s)||Link VS Cloud|
Link is the name of the several protagonists from the Legend of Zelda franchise. He appears in the 22nd episode of Death Battle, Link VS Cloud, where he dueled Final Fantasy VII protagonist Cloud Strife.
The multi-incarnated hero of Hyrule, Link has defeated the forces of evil for over ten generations. He bears the Spirit of the Hero, the unbreakable will and prowess of defeating evil and the abilities of the previous owner.
Death Battle Info
- Age: Around 17
- Height: 5'7"
- Bears the Spirit of the Hero
- Humble & Brave
- Skilled in Boxing & Sumo Wrestling
Master Sword aka Goddess Sword
- Crafted by the Goddess Hylia
- Repels evil
- Sword Beam/Skyward Strike
- Deflects light energy magic
- Bombos - Launches fire
- Ether - Freezes foes
- Quake - Makes earthquakes
- Boomerang (Attacks up to 5 times; always returns)
- Bombs (5 second fuse; Water Bombs; Bombchus)
- Hero's Bow (Fire Arrows; Ice Arrows; Light Arrows; Silver Arrows)
- Red Ring (Defense +75%)
- Chain Mail Shirt (Riveted)
- Golden Gauntlets (Bracers can withstand over 1000 tons)
- Bears the Triforce of Courage
- Puzzle Solver
- Has Single-Handedly beaten Armies
- Fought a huge variety of foes
- Z-Targeting=Very Fast Reactions
- Strong enough to throw armored Gorons
Comparison to Cloud Strife
- 10 Generations of Experience
- Shield means better defense
- Less Predictable Fighting Style
- Expert at Finding Weaknesses
- Can fight up close or at a distance
- Smarter Fighter
- Support items match Cloud's superhuman abilities
- Jenova Cells extremely vulnerable to the Master Sword's Magic.
- Naturally Faster & Stronger
- Building Limit Breaks take time
- More Predictable Fighting Style
- Ribbon Nullified Arrow Magic
- Straightforward & Predictable combat failed against Link's analytical style
One Minute Melee
Link appeared in the 26th episode of One Minute Melee where he ended up losing to Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Afterwards, Link teams up with Sora and his allies Donald and Goofy to defeat an army of heartless lead by Dark Link.
- Link was the second The Legend of Zelda character on Death Battle, the first being Princess Zelda with the next one being Ganondorf
- Link was the 7th Nintendo character on DEATH BATTLE!.
- While he defeated Cloud, their battle was considered the closest fight in Death Battle's history.
- Link and Cloud are the first combatants to have 3D models, Link's was ripped from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, with recycled voice clips from Akira Sasanuma.
- In the first and second Legend of Zelda games as both of them involve the same incarnation of Link, he actually has saved not only one but two different Princess Zeldas, the first one in The Legend of Zelda while she broke The Triforce of Wisdom in eight different pieces while the other Princess Zelda he saved six years later who was under a curse that put her to sleep as seen in Zelda II: The Adventures of Link.