|Death Battle Combatant|
The Green Thunder
|Appearance(s)||Luigi VS Tails|
|“||I'm-a Luigi, Number one!||„|
Luigi is Mario's younger brother from the Super Mario series. He appered in the 32nd episode of Death Battle, Luigi VS Tails, where he fought against Sonic's sidekick, Tails from the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Luigi is the younger brother of the famous Mario. While he helps Mario on multiple quests to protect the Mushroom Kingdom from Bowser, he often lives in his brother's shadow, and is often ignored by the citizens for his accomplishments. Despite this and his cowardice, he still doesn't hesitate to save the day or rescue Princess Peach when he needs to.
Death Battle Info
- Age: 26
- Height: 1.65 m / 5'5"
- Weight: 91 kg / 200 lbs.
- Mario's Younger Brother
- Citizen of the Mushroom Kingdom
- Trained by the Jellyfish Sisters & the Thunder God
Skills & Abilities
- Superhuman Strength & Stamina
- Scuttle Jump
- Super Jump
- Green Missile
- Luigi Cyclone
- Super Jump Punch
- Superior Jumping Ability
- Ultra Hammer
- Vanish Power Flower
- Poltergust 5000
- Elemental Medals - Fire, water, ice
- Negative Zone
- Random effects ranging from:
- Decrease enemy weight
- Trips foes
- Consistent damage
- Other effects
- Random effects ranging from:
- Sleeps through important events
- Inferiorty complex
- Fails at traction
Feats & Strengths
- Expert in multiple sports
- Defeated Dimentio
- Saved Wario from Chief Chilly
- Defeated King Boo
- Assisted Mario in many adventures
- Regularly smashes solid bricks
- Won Mario Party by doing absolutely nothing
One Minute Melee
Luigi appeared as a combatant in the episode of DBX, Mario VS Luigi, where he fought against his older brother, Mario. In the end, both he and Mario ended up being defeated by Bowser after accidentally disturbing his son's birthday party.
- Luigi is the 11th Nintendo character in Death Battle, after Samus Aran, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Mario, Princess Zelda, Princess Peach, Link, Pikachu and Fox McCloud, and with the next 11 being Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Red, Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Lucario and Pit.
- He is the also 6th Mario character to compete in Death Battle, the first five were The Goomba, the Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Mario, Princess Peach, and after him are Donkey Kong and Bowser.
- He is the second Nintendo character to face a Sega character, first being Mario and the next two being Donkey Kong and Mewtwo.
- Luigi's sprites came from the 2003 GBA game Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
- In the feats section of his analysis, one of the bullet points mentioned is that he won Mario Party by doing absolutely nothing. This is a reference to an Internet meme, where people post videos of Luigi competing in various Mario Party minigames by doing nothing - and winning.
- Luigi and his opponent are the 7th pair of combatants to fight against each other in both Death Battle and One Minute Melee, after Deadpool & Deathstroke, Hercule Satan & Dan Hibiki, Green Arrow & Hawkeye, Vegeta & Shadow, Natsu Dragneel & Portgas D. Ace and Lucario & Renamon, and with the following five pairs being Mario & Sonic, Sephiroth & Vergil, Jotaro Kujo & Kenshiro, Ryu & Jin Kazama and Link & Cloud Strife.
- Luigi is the first combatant that appeared in Death Battle, One Minute Melee and DBX and did not win a single one of them (while he did tie in his DBX, he still did not win it).
- Luigi, along with his brother are the only combatants on DBX to not die.
- Luigi is one of 6 characters who have lost three times. The other five being Son Goku, Kenpachi Zaraki, Batman, Sasuke Uchiha and Shadow the Hedgehog.