|Death Battle Combatant|
The Whimsical Italian Plumber
|Origin||Super Mario Bros.|
|Appearance(s)||Mario VS Sonic|
|“||It's-a me, Mario!||„|
|~ Mario in Super Mario 64|
Mario is the main character of the Super Mario Bros. franchise and one of most iconic characters in video game history. He appeared in the 13th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Mario VS Sonic, where he fought against his longtime rival, Sonic the Hedgehog from the eponymous video game series.
Mario was one of the Star Children who would grow up to do phenomenal tasks. He's a plumber, but often is forced to defend the Mushroom Kingdom from the tyrannical Bowser and rescue Princess Peach with the help of occasional allies like his steed Yoshi and his brother Luigi.
Death Battle Info
- Height: 5'1"
- Can Jump Over 20 Feet
- High Stamina
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Skilled Combatant
- Grants Pyrokinesis
- Can Create & Manipulate Fire
- Bouncing Fireballs
- Ends After Absorbing 1 Deadly Blow
- Increases Jump Height
- Increases Swimming Speed
- Can Breathe Underwater
- Resists Water Currents for Better Control
- Looks Absolutely Ridiculous!
- Wears a Yellow Cape
- Can Fly for Unprecedented Amounts of Time
- Can Deflect Projectiles
- Razor-Sharp Edge
- Becomes Living Metal
- Nearly Indestructible
- Incredibly Heavy
- Power Increase
- Speed and Maneuverability Remain Unchanged
- Increases Speed
- Instantly Kills Foes
- Short Time Limit
- Stored in Mario's Pocket
- Can Crush Practically Anything
- Smaller Hammers can be Thrown
- Mario Grows Giant
- Can Smash Through Almost Any Obstacle
- Lasts for a Short Time
One Minute Melee
Prior to that, Mario made cameos in Bowser VS Mecha Sonic (this one was the Super Mario Bros. Z version) and Goomba VS Waddle Dee.
- Mario is the fourth Mario character on Death Battle, with the first three being Goomba, Koopa Troopa, and Yoshi, and with the next four being Princess Peach, Luigi, Donkey Kong and Bowser.
- Mario is the fifth Nintendo character in Death Battle, after Samus Aran, Goomba, Koopa Troopa and Yoshi, and with the next 17 being Princess Zelda, Princess Peach, Link, Pikachu, Fox McCloud, Luigi, Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Red, Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Lucario and Pit.
- Mario is the first character in Death Battle who didn't receive a voice actor while their opponent did, with original clips by Charles Martinet from previous games being used for Mario. The next four characters who didn't receive a voice actor are Dr. Wily (and technically Bass), Doomsday, Lucario and Crash Bandicoot.
- Mario among with Luigi, Princess Peach & Bowser are also the tenth, eleventh, twelfth and thirteenth Death Battle Combatants to be featured on The Desk of Death Battle hosted by Jocelyn the Intern herself on a single episode.
- Mario, along with his brother Luigi, are the first combatants to not die in DBX.
- Mario is the fourth character to have a win, loss, and a tie. The first three to achieve this were Ryu, Deadpool and Lucario, and with the next three being Sephiroth, Vergil and Kenshiro.
- Mario is one of 20 combatants to fight in both Death Battle and One Minute Melee against the same person. The others are Deadpool, Deathstroke, Hercule Satan, Dan Hibiki, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Shadow, Vegeta, Natsu Dragneel, Portgas D. Ace, Lucario, Renamon, Luigi, Tails, Sonic, Sephiroth, Vergil, Jotaro Kujo and Kenshiro.