|Death Battle Combatant|
|Origin||Super Mario Bros.|
|Appearance(s)||Mario VS Sonic|
|“||It's-a me, Mario!||„|
|~ Mario in Super Mario 64|
Mario is the main character of the Super Mario Bros franchise and one of the most iconic characters of video game history. He appears in the 13th episode of Death Battle, Mario VS Sonic, where he fought against his longtime rival, Sonic the Hedgehog.
Mario was one of the Star Children who would grow up to do phenomenal tasks. He's a plumber, but often is forced to defend the Mushroom Kingdom from the tyrannical Bowser and rescue Princess Peach with the help of occasional allies like his steed Yoshi and his brother Luigi.
Death Battle Info
- Height: 5'1"
- Can Jump Over 20 Feet
- High Stamina
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Skilled Combatant
- Grants Pyrokinesis
- Can Create & Manipulate Fire
- Bouncing Fireballs
- Ends After Absorbing 1 Deadly Blow
- Increases Jump Height
- Increases Swimming Speed
- Can Breathe Underwater
- Resists Water Currents for Better Control
- Looks Absolutely Ridiculous!
- Wears a Yellow Cape
- Can Fly for Unprecedented Amounts of Time
- Can Deflect Projectiles
- Razor-Sharp Edge
- Becomes Living Metal
- Nearly Indestructible
- Incredibly Heavy
- Power Increase
- Speed and Maneuverability Remain Unchanged
- Increases Speed
- Instantly Kills Foes
- Short Time Limit
- Stored in Mario's Pocket
- Can Crush Practically Anything
- Smaller Hammers can be Thrown
- Mario Grows Giant
- Can Smash Through Almost Any Obstacle
- Lasts for a Short Time
One Minute Melee
- Mario is the fourth Mario character on Death Battle. The first three are Goomba, Koopa Troopa, and Yoshi while the last four are Princess Peach, Luigi ,Donkey Kong and Bowser.
- Mario is the first Mario character with a Sonic opponent. The second is Luigi facing against Tails, The third being Donkey Kong fighting Knuckles.
- In this battle, Mario is the only one with the original clips by Charles Martinet from previous games while Sonic is voiced by Mykle Hunter instead of the original actor/s (Ryan Drummond/Jason Griffith/Roger Craig Smith)
- Mario is the thirteenth character to appear on Death Battle who first came to being within the 1980s era. In his case being 1981 due to making his first appearance on Donkey Kong when it came out for the arcades.
- Mario among with Luigi, Princess Peach & Bowser are also the tenth, eleventh, twelfth and thirteenth Death Battle Combatants to be featured on The Desk of Death Battle hosted by Jocelyn the Intern herself on a single episode.
- Mario is the first Mario character to lose a Death Battle without stalemating.