|Death Battle Combatant|
|Origin||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Appearance(s)|| Eggman VS Wily |
Metal Sonic VS Zero
|“||Kneel before your master.||„|
|~ Metal Sonic|
|“||There is only one Sonic.||„|
|~ Metal Sonic in Sonic the Hedgehog OVA|
Metal Sonic is Dr. Eggman's ultimate creation and a secondary antagonist in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. He appears in the 19th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Eggman VS Wily, under Eggman's command in order to fight against Wily's ultimate Robot Master, Bass. He was declared the "official" winner of the battle due to being the last one standing after having destroyed Eggman, Wily, and their respective robot armies. He is set to return for the 79th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Metal Sonic VS Zero, where he will face off against Zero from the Mega Man X series.
While venturing through the mysterious Little Planet with Amy Rose on his tail, Sonic the Hedgehog came across a robotic doppelgänger of himself created by Dr. Eggman called "Metal Sonic", who was specifically designed to be better than the Blue Blur in every way. When they first met, Metal Sonic kidnapped Amy, prompting Sonic to give chase. After a race against Sonic on Stardust Speedway, Metal Sonic was defeated and Amy was saved. Even after his defeat, however, Metal Sonic would prove to be one of Sonic's greatest adversaries, either while working for Eggman or by his lonesome.
Death Battle Info (Eggman VS Wily)
- Top Speed: Mach 5
- 255 cc 4 Valve Fusion Engine
- Max Output - 55ps/600rpm
- Max Torque - 7.54 kg-m/4000rpm
- Sonic's Abilities
- Black Shield
- Chest Laser
- Maximum Overdrive
- Scan & Copy Ability
Death Battle Info (Metal Sonic VS Zero)
One Minute Melee
Metal Sonic appears in an episode of One Minute Melee where he 'fought' Bowser Jr. However, immediately after the battle starts, Mecha Sonic lunges at him from behind and proceeds to rip him apart. Mecha Sonic then fights Bowser Jr. in Metal's stead.
- Metal Sonic was crowned the winner of Eggman VS Wily due to him destroying both Eggman and Wily, and their armies.
- This would make Metal Sonic the only Death Battle victor who was not listed as a direct combatant, as he, along with all of Eggman's other robots, were treated as a part of Eggman's arsenal.
- Metal is the tenth combatant to return to Death Battle (the first nine being Leonardo, Batman, Samus Aran, Boba Fett, Superman, Goku, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog and Deadpool.)
- He is also the eighth combatant from Season 1 to return (the other seven being Leonardo, Batman, Samus Aran, Boba Fett, Superman, Goku and Shadow the Hedgehog).
- He is also the the first returning combatant to appear in Season 4.
- He is also the second combatant from the Sonic series to return after Shadow the Hedgehog.
- He is also the third Death Battle winner to return (after Leonardo and Deadpool).
- Metal Sonic is however, the first returning combatant to have initially been part of a main combatant's arsenal in a previous episode.
- Metal Sonic is the second antagonist to return to Death Battle.
- Metal Sonic is the fourth character from the Sonic series to appear in Death Battle after Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Eggman and after him were Miles "Tails" Prower, Knuckles the Echidna and Amy Rose.
- Not counting his supporting appearance in Eggman VS Wily, he is the seventh Sonic combatant to appear in Death Battle.
- Metal Sonic is the fourth Sonic combatant whose opponent is not from the Mario series (the last three being Shadow the Hedgehog, Dr. Eggman and Amy Rose.)