|Death Battle Combatant|
Dr. Eggman's Hedgehog Destroyer
|Origin||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Appearance(s)|| Eggman VS Wily |
Metal Sonic VS Zero
|“||Kneel before your master!||„|
|~ Metal Sonic in Eggman VS Wily|
Metal Sonic is Dr. Eggman's ultimate creation and the secondary antagonist of the Sonic the Hedgehog series. He appears in the 19th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Eggman VS Wily, under Eggman's command in order to fight against Wily's ultimate Robot Master, Bass. He was declared the "official" winner of the battle due to being the last one standing after having destroyed Eggman, Wily, and their respective robot armies. He returned for the 79th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Metal Sonic VS Zero, where he fought against Zero from the Mega Man X series.
While venturing through the mysterious Little Planet with Amy Rose on his tail, Sonic the Hedgehog came across a robotic doppelgänger of himself created by Dr. Eggman called "Metal Sonic", who was specifically designed to be better than the Blue Blur in every way. When they first met, Metal Sonic kidnapped Amy, prompting Sonic to give chase. After a race against Sonic on Stardust Speedway, Metal Sonic was defeated and Amy was saved. Even after his defeat, however, Metal Sonic would prove to be one of Sonic's greatest adversaries, either while working for Eggman or by his lonesome.
Death Battle Info (Eggman VS Wily)
- Top Speed: Mach 5
- 255 cc 4 Valve Fusion Engine
- Max Output - 55ps/600rpm
- Max Torque - 7.54 kg-m/4000rpm
- Sonic's Abilities
- Black Shield
- Chest Laser
- Maximum Overdrive
- Scan & Copy Ability
Death Battle Info (Metal Sonic VS Zero)
- Height: 3'3" | 100 cm
- Weight: 275.4 lbs | 125.2 kg
- Built to surpass Sonic
- Main CPU: LIPS AI Eggman Custom Chip
- Main Engine: 255 cc, 4 Valve Orgon Fusion Engine
- Max Output: 6800rpm
- Max Torque: 4000rpm
- Drives an ATV
- Chest laser
- V. Maximum Overdrive
- Black Shield
- Ring Spark Field
- Spin Attack
- Top Speed: 26,844 mph | 43,201 km/hr
- Created a 200 kiloton explosion
- Overlord form matches Super Sonic
- Conquered the Eggman Empire
- Survived atmospheric re-entry
- Blocked Chaos Spear & ESP
- Competed in the Olympics
- Over 40 feet tall
- Can shapeshift & fire lightning
- Metal Madness
- Missiles, flamethrowers, regeneration
- Metal Overlord
- Flight, crystal projectiles
- Can lift and throw airships
One Minute Melee
Metal Sonic appears in Season 2 of One Minute Melee where he 'fought' Bowser Jr from the Mario franchise. However, immediately after the battle starts, Mecha Sonic lunges at him from behind and proceeds to rip him apart. Mecha Sonic then fights Bowser Jr. in Metal's stead.
- Metal Sonic was crowned the winner of Eggman VS Wily due to him destroying both Eggman and Wily, and their armies.
- This would make Metal Sonic the only Death Battle victor who was not listed as a direct combatant, as he, along with all of Eggman's other robots, were treated as a part of Eggman's arsenal.
- Metal Sonic is the tenth combatant to return to Death Battle, with the first nine being Leonardo, Batman, Samus Aran, Boba Fett, Superman, Goku, Charizard, Shadow and Deadpool, and with the next two being Thor and Wonder Woman.
- He is also the eighth combatant from Season 1 to return, with the previous seven being Leonardo, Batman, Samus Aran, Boba Fett, Superman, Goku and Shadow, and then following him being Thor and Wonder Woman.
- He is also the second returning villain after Boba Fett.
- He is also the first returning combatant to appear in Season 4, with the next two being Thor and Wonder Woman.
- He is also the second combatant from the Sonic series to return after Shadow.
- He is also the third Death Battle winner to return, after Leonardo and Deadpool, and before Thor.
- Metal Sonic is however, the first returning combatant to have initially been part of a main combatant's arsenal in a previous episode.
- Metal Sonic is also the first returning combatant that had a voice actor to not receive one in their second appearance.
- Metal Sonic is the first returning victor to lose a Death Battle, with the next two being Thor and Batman.
- He is the second character to have both won and lost a Death Battle, with the first being Batman and the next two being Thor and Wonder Woman.
- He is also the fifth returning combatant to lose, with the first four being Boba Fett, Goku, Charizard and Shadow and the next two being Thor and Batman.
- Metal Sonic is the fourth character from the Sonic series to appear in Death Battle after Shadow, Sonic and Dr. Eggman and after him were Tails, Knuckles and Amy Rose.
- Not counting his supporting appearance in Eggman VS Wily, he is the seventh Sonic combatant to appear in Death Battle.
- Metal Sonic is the fourth Sonic combatant whose opponent is not from the Mario series, with the last three being Shadow, Dr. Eggman and Amy Rose.
- Metal Sonic alongside his opponent Zero are (so far) the only combatants that have 2D Sprites and 3D Models in the same battle.