|Metal Sonic VS Zero|
|Episode 79, Season 4|
|Air date||July 3, 2017|
Android 18 VS Captain Marvel
Metal Sonic VS Zero is the upcoming 79th episode of DEATH BATTLE! It will feature the return of Metal Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog and Zero from Mega Man X in the battle of robot counterparts developed by evil scientists.
(*Cues: Invader - Jim Johnston*)
Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick.
Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor & skill to find out who would win... A DEATH BATTLE.
Wiz: Dr. Eggman was a genius with a dream, a dream of a world ruled by his own iron fist. However there was just one small problem, a speedy blue problem.
Boomstick: Sonic the Hedgehog, the Fastest thing alive yeaeah! (clears throat)
(*Cues: Dr. Eggman's Theme - SatAM*)
Boomstick: No matter how many times Eggman tried taking over the world, this freedom fighter just kept getting in his way.
Wiz: But like any respectable scientist, Eggman was a problem solver; thus he developed the ultimate hedgehog killer, a machine which would not just equal his speedy nemesis, but surpass him.
Boomstick: And Dr. Tubby called his greatest creation: Metal Sonic.
Boomstick: It's even got a sweet chest speaker to blast Slayer all day long.
Wiz: Speaker...what? No, no, no, he's just made of metal.
Boomstick: Oh. That's cool too.
Wiz: To contend with his rival, Metal Sonic was built to reach and maintain incredible speeds. With little effort, he can match Sonic's average cruising velocity of 765 miles per hour.
Boomstick: That's about two times the speed of sound and he can still go way faster than that.
Wiz: Metal Sonic is also equipped with tons of tolls and tricks specifically to overpower Sonic. He can fire a plasma pulse laser from his chest, construct a Black Shield which seems practically indestructible, and blast through obstacles by going V. Maximum Overdrive.
Boomstick: Black Shield? Maximum Overdrive?
Boomstick: You're sure he's not into metal, 'cause those sound like some killer band names to me.
Wiz: To activate V. Maximum Overdrive, Metal overloads his own circuits to quadruple his speed while simultaneously surrounding himself with a destructive energy field.
Boomstick: If all that wasn't enough, Metal Sonic can scan his opponents to copy their techniques. He copied the explosive Knuckle Slam from Knuckles, ESP from Silver, the Bat Guard technique from Rouge, and even copied Shadow the Hedgehog's signature Chaos Control.
Wiz: He can only copy specific moves at a time, but whatever power he takes is not limited by his physical body. This is because Metal Sonic can actually morph and manipulate his form.
Wiz: The winner is...
- This is the first Season 4 episode to feature a returning combatant.
- This is also the sixth Death Battle episode to feature a returning combatant.
- This is however, the first episode of Death Battle to feature a returning combatant who was initially a supporting character for one of the main combatants as Metal Sonic was merely introduced as part of Eggman's arsenal.
- This is considered a spiritual sequel to Eggman VS Wily, as it features Metal Sonic going against another one of Doctor Wily's creations. The matchup was likely requested due to Zero's absence from the original fight (being that he wasn't active when Wily was alive).
- Coincidentally, before this fight was announced, Zero was announced to make an appearance in Marvel VS Capcom: Infinite, and Metal Sonic to make an appearance in Sonic Forces.
- This is the third time that a Sega character squares off against a Capcom character.