|Death Battle Combatant|
The Azure Knight
|Appearance(s)||Guts VS Nightmare|
|“||Blood! Darkness! I shall drown the world in both!||„|
The spirit of Soul Edge, Inferno, corrupted the mind of several people, one unfortunate person named Siegfried. He promised him that if he gathered enough souls, he will resurrect his dead father. However, Siegfried succumbed to the evil sword, and became the Azure Knight, Nightmare.
Nightmare would terrorize Europe for years, until Siegfried was able to separate himself from the evil sword. But it wasn't the end of Nightmare, as Inferno re-animated Siegrfried's discarded armor and used it to hunt down Siegfried and continue it's terror across Europe.
Death Battle Info
- Length: 6'1"/185 cm
- Vessel of Inferno
- Can take various forms based on the wielder
- Malfestation Curse: Turns victims into mindless slaves of bloodlust
- Height: 5'10"/178 cm
- Weight: 336 lbs/152 kg
- AKA the Azure Knight
- The personification of Soul Edge and Inferno
- Weapon style: Zweihander
- Known hosts: Arcturus, Zasalamel, Cervantes, Siegfried, Pyrrha
- Remembers the fighting style of all previous Nightmares
- Grim Stride
- Soul Wave
- Dark Reconquista
- Death Lord's Vengeance
- Death Lord's Annihilation
- Bloody Lord's Invasion
- Ether Lord's Carnage
- Grim Lord's Auto-da-fé
- Defeated entire armies single handedly
- Obliterated Ostrheinsburg Castle in a single blow
- As Dumas, thrust Europe into a continent-wide war
- Killed Tira, his most loyal servant
- Ripped a hole between dimensions with Soul Edge
- Has devoured thousands of souls
- Nightmare is the second combatant to be killed through the destruction of an item, being Soul Edge. The first was Lion-O with the Eye of Thundera.
- Nightmare is the second Soulcalibur character to get into Death Battle. The first was Ivy Valentine.
- He is also the fourth Bandai Namco Character to get in after Dig Dug, Ivy Valentine and Gundam Epyon, with the next four being Tai & Agumon, Renamon and Jin Kazama.
- Nightmare's Inferno sprite is Cinder from Killer Instinct.