|Death Battle Combatant|
The Hot Head of the TMNT
|Origin||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
|Appearance(s)||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Battle Royale|
|~ Raphael in the first TMNT movie.|
Raphael is the hot head of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He appeared in the 6th episode of Death Battle, the TMNT Battle Royale, where he went against his brothers Leonardo, Donatello, and Michelangelo.
Raphael and his four brothers were ordinary turtles before getting covered in mutagen which would transform them into humanoid turtles. Raphael was given a red mask, uses two sai, and is the tough guy of the team. While this makes him one of the more dangerous of the four, his hot-headedness has led him into trouble on multiple occasions.
Death Battle Info:
- Dagger-like truncheon
- Used against swords
- Primarily offensive
- Traps & controls an opponent's weapons
- For stabbing, not slicing
- Vicious & Brutal
- Sai Master
- Arguably the toughest of the team
- Hot-headed with common fits of rage
- Enjoys fighting
- When Raphael dies from Leonardo's sword, he says 'Damn!' from the first TMNT movie, albeit pitched down and with an echo added.
- Even though Raphael did lose the Battle Royale, he was proven to be superior to half of the team, ultimately placing second out of the four.
- Due to the fact that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appeared in a specific order as they all fought each other in a Battle Royale, this means that Raphael is the ninth character to appear on Death Battle who first came to being in the 1980s era. In his case being 1984 as he among his three other brothers first came to being in the comics. The last eight characters that appeared on Death Battle who first came to being within the 1980s era where Michelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo, Mike Haggar, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Rogue and Samus Aran.
- Raphael is the first combatant who lost both Death Battle and DBX, later being followed by Bomberman, the Mario Bros., Ken Masters, Kratos, Tifa Lockhart and Pikachu.