This article is about the Street Fighter character. For the protagonist of Ninja Gaiden, see Ryu Hayabusa.
|Death Battle Combatant|
The Wandering World Warrior
|Appearance(s)|| Ryu VS Scorpion |
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro (cameo)
Ryu VS Jin
|“||The answer lies in the heart of battle.||„|
Ryu is one of the main protagonists of the Street Fighter series. He appeared in the 38th episode of Death Battle, Ryu VS Scorpion, where he fought against Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat series. He returned for the 95th episode of Death Battle, Ryu VS Jin, where he fought against Jin Kazama from the Tekken series.
Orphaned at a young age and left with no memory of his parents, Ryu was found and raised by the martial artist Gouken. Throughout most of his life, he lived at his dojo, training with Gouken, alongside his sparring partner Ken Masters. At age 23, he left the dojo and has since then continually wandered across the globe, always seeking to improve himself and wanting to meet and fight new people.
Death Battle Info (Ryu VS Scorpion)
- Height: 175 cm | 5'9"
- Weight: 68 kg | 150 lbs
- Birthday: July 21, 1964
- Blood Type: O
- Dislikes: spiders, wearing shoes
- Capable of sleeping anywhere
- Has eyebrows so epic that they cannot be contained by his headband
Ansatsuken Fighting Style
- "Rising Dragon Fist"
- Generally Ryu's most powerful technique
- "Wave Motion Fist"
- Contrary to popular belief, not actually composed of fire
- Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
- "Tornado Whirlwind Leg"
- Can safely pass over many projectile attacks
- Joudan Sokutogeri
- Forceful enough to bounce opponents off of walls
- A form of ki based around man's evil nature
- Greatly increases the speed, power and ferocity of its user
- Grants access to the most fatal Ansatsuken technique, the Raging Demon
- Has an addictive quality, making it hard to turn away from
- Causes hair to turn red, eyes glow white, and teeth to sharpen
- Foil to the Satsui No Hado
- Resembles states of being found in Buddhism
- Brings a hyperawareness of the universe to the user
- Boosts one's strength and speed without losing clarity of thought
- Causes eyes to glow blue-white
- Can be used to withstand even the dreaded Raging Demon
Death Battle Info (Ryu VS Jin)
- Birthday: July 21, 1964
- Height: 5'9" | 175 cm
- Weight: 150 lbs | 68 kg
- Nationality: Japanese
- Trained by Gouken, Gen & Oro
- Likes: Mizuyokan, grapes, nature
- Probably has some foot fungus.
- Shoryuken (Dragon Punch)
- Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (Hurricane Kick)
- Joudan Sokutogeri (Mule Kick)
- Mind's Eye (Parry)
- Shakeunetsu Hadoken
- Shinku & Metsu variants
- Satsui no Hado
- Mu no Ken
- Shin Ryu
- Combines Satsui no Hado & Mu no Ken
- Won the first World Warrior Tournament
- Lifted a 36 ton boulder
- Dodged gunfire in .06 seconds
- Obliterated a skyscraper
- Was on the island Akuma sank
- Survived Balrog's 5 ton Gigaton Blow
- Defeated Bison, Seth, Akuma, Oni, Necalli
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro
Ryu's fight with Scorpion was briefly seen in Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro when the two martial artists clashed.
One Minute Melee
- Ryu is the sixth Street Fighter character in Death Battle, with the previous five being Akuma, Zangief, Chun-Li, Blanka and M. Bison, and with the next four being Dan Hibiki, Cammy White, Ken Masters and Balrog.
- He is also the third Street Fighter character to face a Mortal Kombat character, the first two being Akuma and M. Bison, and with the next one being Cammy White.
- He is the second Street Fighter character to lose against a Mortal Kombat character, with M. Bison being the first against Shao Kahn and was followed by Cammy White against Sonya Blade.
- He is the second Street Fighter character to appear in 3D, with the first being Balrog.
- He is the fourth Street Fighter character to win, after Akuma, Zangief and Blanka.
- Ryu is the second Street Fighter character to lose to a ninja, with Chun-Li being the first against Mai Shiranui. He's also the second person with the name Ryu to lose to a ninja, as Hayabusa lost to Strider Hiryu.
- Ryu's win against Jin Kazama broke the largest losing streak in Death Battle history, as Street Fighter lost six episodes in a row before his second appearance on the show.
- Ryu is the first character to get a win, a loss, and a tie, having lost to Scorpion on Death Battle, beating Lucario on DBX, and tying with Jin on One Minute Melee while winning against him on Death Battle, following him are Deadpool, Lucario, Mario, Sephiroth, Vergil and Kenshiro.
- Ryu is the second hero to lose against an anti-hero, with the first being Gamera.
- Ryu is the first Death Battle loser to win in DBX, with the next eight being Wolverine, Cloud Strife, Mega Man, Darth Vader, Chun-Li, Thor, The Hulk and Jotaro Kujo.
- Ryu and his second opponent are the 11th pair of combatants to fight against each other in both Death Battle and One Minute Melee, with the first 10 pairs being Deadpool & Deathstroke, Hercule Satan & Dan Hibiki, Green Arrow & Hawkeye, Vegeta & Shadow, Natsu Dragneel & Portgas D. Ace, Lucario & Renamon, Luigi & Tails, Mario & Sonic, Sephiroth & Vergil and Jotaro Kujo & Kenshiro.
- Ryu is the 13th character to return to Death Battle, with the previous 12 being Leonardo, Batman, Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Son Goku, Superman, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog, Deadpool, Metal Sonic, Thor and Wonder Woman.
- He is the seventh Death Battle loser to return, after Batman, Boba Fett, Son Goku, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog and Wonder Woman.
- He is the third Death Battle loser to win in their second appearance, after Batman and Wonder Woman.
- He is the fifth combatant to win and lose a Death Battle, after Batman, Metal Sonic, Thor, and Wonder Woman.
- He is also the seventh combatant to be portrayed in both sprite and 3D animation, after Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Charizard, Deadpool, Thor and Wonder Woman.