|Death Battle Combatant|
The Yellow Spectre
|Appearance(s)|| Akuma VS Shang Tsung (form taken on by Shang Tsung) |
Ryu VS Scorpion
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro (cameo)
|“||I am Scorpion... vengeance will be mine!||„|
Hanzo Hasashi, AKA Scorpion. is one of the main characters of the Mortal Kombat series. He appeared in the 38th episode of Death Battle, Ryu VS Scorpion, where he fought against Ryu from the Street Fighter series.
Once a human named Hanzo Hasashi, Scorpion was raised by the Shirai Ryu clan and was one of their finest warriors. Despite his father forbidding him to join, he did so nonetheless to provide for his wife and son.
Scorpion's life was then turned upside down, when Quan Chi (Disguised as Sub-Zero) murdered his clan and family. Seeking to get revenge. Scorpion tried to fight and kill Sub-Zero, only to have lost as well as get himself killed. After pledging loyalty to Quan Chi, he was reborn in the Netherrealm as a wraith, and escaped, thus his quest for vengeance began. He eventually killed Sub-Zero in the Netherrealm, but realized too late of Quan Chi's deception. As penance, Scorpion dedicated himself to protecting Sub-Zero's younger brother Sub-Zero.
Death Battle Info
- Real name: Hanzo Hasashi
- Height: 6'2"/188 cm
- Weight: 210 lbs/95 kg
- Physical age: 32
- General of the Shirai Ryu clan
- Kombat Styles: Ninjutsu, Pi Gua, Hapkido, and Moi Fah
- Strongly prefers foes to come to him
- Creator Ed Boon's favourite character
- Kunai Spear
- Hellfire Punch
- Fire Breath
- Leg Takedown
- Flaming Backflip Kick
- Scorpion Sting
- Commonly used to surprise attack enemies from behind
- Neatherrealm Portals
- Quick access to the underworld and back anytime
- Control over hellfire
- Explosive fireballs
- Summoning flames under his opponent
- Surrounds himself in harmful flames
- Can even breathe out fire
- Cannot die from physical attacks
- Spine Rip
- Removes victim's head with bare hands
- Presumely learned it from Sub-Zero
- Scorpion's fire breath incinerates the target in seconds
- Hand from Hell
- A flaming skeletal hand pulls the enemy to hell
- Spear Slice
- Cuts victims in half and beheads them
- Becomes a scorpion and tears them in half ... Or becomes an adorable penguin
Akuma VS Shang Tsung
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro
Scorpion's fight with Ryu was briefly seen in Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro when the two martial artists clashed.
One Minute Melee
Scorpion fought Ghost Rider from Marvel Comics in Season 2 of One Minute Melee, and lost. Before the fight started, Street Fighter's Ken Masters was shown battling Scorpion, presumably to try and avenge Ryu after their fight in Death Battle, as Scorpion says, "You and your friend both failed to defeat me."
- Scorpion is the fifth Mortal Kombat character to appear in Death Battle. The other four being Shang Tsung, Raiden, Shao Kahn and Sektor with the next two being Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero.
- He is also the third Mortal Kombat character to battle a Street Fighter character, the first two being Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn, and with the next one being Sonya Blade.
- He is also the second Mortal Kombat character to have won, after Shao Kahn, and with the net two being Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero.
- He is one of only three Mortal Kombat characters to win on Death Battle, after Shao Kahn and before Sonya Blade. Although he later lost to Ghost Rider in One Minute Melee.
- Before appearing in Scorpion VS Ryu, Scorpion appeared in Akuma VS Shang Tsung as one of the two forms that Shang Tsung took against Akuma.
- Scorpion is the only Mortal Kombat character to have a fan-made animated sprite used on the show, as the characters beforehand were taken from the games that were animated with live-action actors.
- Scorpion actually has his own cooking show. One as the original in addition to his first cooking episode as seen on The Super Zeros youtube channel.
- Scorpion was featured back on Screwattack: The Armory due to the fact they where talking about his throwing spear.