|“||Sega satan shiro! (You must play Sega Saturn!)||„|
|~ Segata Sanshiro|
|Death Battle Combatant|
|Origin||Japanese Sega Saturn Commercials|
|Appearance(s)|| Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro |
Guts VS Nightmare (cameo)
Solid Snake VS Sam Fisher (cameo)
Segata Sanshiro was the Japanese mascot for the Sega Saturn. He was best known for appearing in commercials where he tries to force people to play the Sega Saturn using various comedic methods. When the Saturn transitioned to the Dreamcast, a commercial was made showing the supposed death of Segata, where he saved Sega from a missile exploding in their headquarters, but he has shown up in other media ever since.
Death Battle Info
- His name and appearance refer to the genesis of Judo
- In a previous life, was a motorcycle-riding cyborg superhero.
- Lives alone in the mountains, always trains using a giant Sega Saturn
- His theme song orders others to play Sega Saturn "until your fingers break"
Feats & Stengths
- Can outmatch an Olympic speed skater... barefoot
- Able to duplicate himself and increase his size
- Strong enough to punch falling cars and space shuttles into the air
- Doesn't flinch when baseballs hit his chest at 90 mph
- Can survive and speak in space, despite the lack of atmosphere
- His explosive Judo throw does not work on the undead
- When this failed, he becomes helpless and was overwhelmed by zombies
- Although he greatly helped the Sega Saturn, he could not save it
- Lost to Sonic the Hedgehog in a martial arts tournament
Guts VS Nightmare
The constellation Chuck and Segata formed at the end of the fight appears in the sky of Guts VS Nightmare.
Solid Snake VS Sam Fisher
- Segata Sanshiro is the second parody character (A parody of Sugata Sanshiro of the same title movie) to be in Death Battle (first was Deadpool)
- Segata Sanshiro is the first Sega combatant in Death Battle who is not from "Sonic The Hedgehog" the second is Bayonetta.
- Segata Sanshiro along with his opponent Chuck Norris are so far the only combatants to have not win or lose as it is implied they're still fighting.
- Segata is also the only Sega character who ends his Death Battle without a conclusion.
- Segata Sanshiro's sprite was slightly edited from Takuma Sakazaki's, from The King of Fighters series.
- Segata Sanshiro has existed for over 3000 years due to his cameo appearance in Archie Comic's Sonic the Hedgehog. This makes him one of DEATH BATTLE's oldest combatants.