|Death Battle Combatant|
The Legendary Soldier of Metal Gear
|Appearance(s)||Solid Snake VS Sam Fisher|
|“||I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be.||„|
|~ Snake to Meryl|
Solid Snake is the main protagonist of the Metal Gear series. He starred in the 48th episode of Death Battle, Solid Snake VS Sam Fisher, where he went toe to toe with Splinter Cell protagonist Sam Fisher. He was voiced by Christopher Sabat, while his assistant Otacon was voiced by Brad Venable.
David was a former spy, special operations soldier, and mercenary. He was a product of the Les Enfants Terribles project; one of the clones of legendary soldier Big Boss, along with his clone brothers Liquid Snake and Solidus Snake.
Possessing an IQ of 180 and being fluent in six languages, he was known as "the man who makes the impossible possible" and his exploits made him into a living legend among the military black ops. Initially a Green Beret, Snake was later inducted into High-Tech Special Forces Unit FOXHOUND in the mid 1990s while it was under the leadership of Big Boss. Repeatedly tasked with disarming and destroying the latest incarnation of Metal Gear, a bipedal nuclear weapon-armed tank, Solid Snake would thrice avert potential nuclear catastrophe, becoming a famed war hero.
Death Battle Info
- Real name: David
- Born: 1972
- Height: 6'0"/182 cm
- Weight: 165 lbs/75 kg
- IQ: 180
- Has fought wars since age 19
- Has a strange fetish for cardboard boxes
Weapons & Equipment
- 1911 Operator
- Pistol used for lethal shots
- Stun Knife
- Houses a non-lethal electric charge that emits through the blade
- Smart camouflage that blends its coloring and heat signature into the environment
- Solid Eye
- Has night vision, reveals IR heat signatures and footprints
- Displays a radar which picks up nearby bio signatures
- Real name: Hal Emmerich
- A,K.A.: "Otacon"
- Founding member of Philanthropy
- Computer expert & hacker
- Designed Metal Gear Rex
- Hacked the FBI, US Army, & ArmsTech
- Removed the AI controlling the Patriots' system
- Super dedicated otaku
- Blew up a tank using grenades
- Overcame his own genetically superior twin clone "brother"
- Twice defeated the legendary soldier he was cloned from
- Survived microwave bombardment for 3 straight minutes
- Has defeated snipers, ninjas, psychics, and more
Death Battle Quotes
- Thanks Otacon. Piece of cake.
- Where's the data?
- I'm not alone. Somebody beat me to the intel and destroyed the source. Think he's with Praying Mantis? Raven Sword?
- Do I need to go over this again? The cardboard box is a very important tool for infiltration missions. It's ideal for fooling the enemy.
- Otacon. I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of my mission hinges on how I use this cardboard box. But in the end, a cardboard box...
- -...Is only made of paper.
- Otacon, I've got the intel.
- You're pretty good.
- Piece of cake.
One Minute Melee
Snake has appear in Season 4 in One Minute Melee, where he faced off against Resident Evil protagonist Chris Redfield and won.
- Solid Snake is the second Konami character to get into Death Battle. The first was Bomberman and the next one being Raiden.
- Snake is also the first character in the Metal Gear series to appear in Death Battle, as well as the first one to win, followed by Raiden.
- Snake is the second combatant to get a professional voice actor from Funimation. The first being Iron Man (voiced by Chuck Huber), followed by Tifa Lockhart (voiced by Tia Ballard), Tai and Daxter (who were both voiced by Todd Haberkorn).
- Snake's voice actor Christopher Sabat is best known for being the voice of Vegeta who would appear in the Death Battle episode Vegeta VS Shadow and Solid Snake was a character he always wanted to play according to convention panels.
- Snake is the first combatant to be voiced by Christopher Sabat, with the second being Smokey Bear.
- Snake is the first combatant with a male non-combative assistant to defeat another with a female non-combative assistant in a Death Battle match.