|Death Battle Combatant|
The Wall Crawler of New York City
|Appearance(s)||Batman VS Spider-Man|
Peter Parker, A.K.A. Spider-Man, is a superhero from Marvel Comics, and arguably the company's mascot. He appears in the 23rd episode of Death Battle, Batman VS Spider-Man, where he fought DC's flagship hero, Batman.
Peter Parker was orphaned at a very young age, and was constantly bullied as he grew up as a fiercely intelligent boy in high school. But then, he got bit by a radioactive spider when on a field trip, giving him superhuman abilities. He at first used them for personal gain, but when a criminal that Peter lets escape kills his Uncle Ben, Peter finds out that with great power comes great responsibility, and dedicated his life to helping people as the heroic Spider-Man.
Death Battle Info
- Age: 25
- Height: 5'10" | 1.78m
- Weight: 167 lbs. |76 kg
- Secret Identity: Peter Parker
- I.Q.: 250
- Science Major
- Twin Wrist-Mounted
- Carousel Loaded
- Webbing dissolves in 1 hour
- Web fluid cartridges pressurized at 300 psi
- Webbing is strong enough to restrain The Hulk
- Wall Crawling
- Superhuman Strength (Bench Press: 10 ton; Top Speed: 200 mph)
- Superhuman Speeds & Reflexes
- Superhuman Stamina & Durability
- Foreign Chemical Resistance
- Spider Sense
- Has defeated The Hulk
- Developed unique ways of the spider martial art
- Has more girlfriends than any other superhero
- Destined teacher of Hope Summers, the Ultimate Mutant
- Durabilty has limits
- Spider Sense can be tricked of disruption by specialized drugs
- Arguably naive
- Anti-Spider Pesticide Ethyl Chloride
Compared to Batman
- Stronger & Faster
- Spider Sense counters stealth
- Batman's gases & drugs do not effect the Spider Sense
- Way of the Spider matches any of Batman's martial arts
- Main Villain (Green Goblin) shares some similarities with Batman
- No easily discovered exploitable weaknesses
- Smarter & more strategic
- Armor held up for the most part
- Can escape any trap, but some need more time than others
- 200,000 volts is a minimum requirement for standard tasers
- Slow, analytical approach trumped by Spider-Man's speed & boldness
- Spider-Man is the third Marvel Comics character on Death Battle.
- Spider-Man is the second Marvel character to face a DC comics opponent, the first being Rogue, with the next eight being Captain America (who also faced Batman), Deadpool, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, The Hulk, Venom and Thor.
- Spider-Man's sprite is ripped from the Marvel vs Capcom series, with his lines being ripped from Marvel vs Capcom 3, where he was voiced by Josh Keaton.
- Spider-Man is also the seventh Death Battle Combatant to be featured on The Desk of Death Battle hosted by Jocelyn the Intern herself.
- In addition, he is the second Death Battle Combatant to appear on The Desk of Death Battle more then once, the first one being Batman.
- Ben asked on Twitter for possible opponents for Symbiote Spider-Man, though it is unknown if anything will come from it especially after Venom was a featured combatant.