|Death Battle Combatant|
The Green, Rage-Filled Monster
|Appearance(s)||Hulk VS Doomsday|
Bruce Banner "AKA" The Hulk is a superhero from Marvel Comics. He appeared in the 69th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Hulk VS Doomsday, where he fought against Doomsday from DC Comics. He was voiced by Parker Bohon.
Doctor Bruce Banner was a reclusive scientist until the U.S. Military recruited him based on his studies on gamma radiation. When testing the Gamma Bomb, Banner noticed teenager Rick Jones driving into the testing grounds on a dare. Banner went and got Jones out, but the bomb went off and Banner absorbed the gamma radiation.
He came out fine from the explosion, but his DNA was altered from the gamma radiation. Now, whenever Bruce is under a lot of stress (usually anger) he transforms into the Incredible Hulk, a large, green monstrous being that's not afraid to smash anything in his way.
Because of the Hulk's destructive nature, he was seen as a threat to humanity and was hunted by the military for years, complicating Bruce's life. The Hulk, however, managed to prove himself a hero when he became a part of the Avengers, one of the team's founding and strongest members.
Death Battle Info
- Real name: Robert Bruce Banner
- Height: 8' 8'' | 288 cm (Hulk)
- Height: 5'10'' | 177.8 cm (Bruce Banner)
- Weight: 2,400 lbs | 1,086.6 kg (Hulk)
- Weight: 128 lbs | 58 kg (Bruce Banner)
- Born: Dayton, Ohio
- Graduated from Oxford University
- Likes dogs
Powers & Abilities
- Incredible strength
- Enhanced durability
- Rapid healing factor
- Super speed
- Power increases via anger
- Destroyed asteroid twice earth's size
- Regenerated half his body in 18 minutes
- Pulled two continental plates together
- Created earthquakes with his footsteps
- Destroyed a planet
- Escaped Earth's orbit in one jump
- Withstood Fin Fang Foom's fire breath
Death Battle Quotes
- HULK SMASH UGLY FAKE HULK!
- HULK CRUSH YOU LIKE BUG!
- STUPID GRAY MAN!
- CARS CAN'T HURT HULK!
- HULK SMASH!
- HULK HATE YOU!
- HULK HATES SPIKY BEARD!
- You break buildings good. But Hulk...BREAK WORLDS!
One Minute Melee
Hulk made a brief appearance in the Goku vs Sonic? One Minute Melee, where he and the other Avengers fought Goku from Dragon Ball Z. After Hulk accidentally knocks Thor into the ground, Goku blasted him into space. He eventually starred in another episode of One Minute Melee, where it's revealed that Goku launched him into Planet Namek of Dragon Ball Z. This leads to an altercation with Broly of the same series, ending in his defeat via planetary destruction.
- Hulk is the second Marvel character to be voiced by a ScrewAttack employee, the first being Captain America voiced by Craig Skistimas in Flash VS Quicksilver.
- Hulk is the 12th Marvel character to be featured on Death Battle.
- Hulk is also the fifth MCU character to have fought a DC Extended Universe character. The others being Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man, and Quicksilver.
- His model is a modified Marvel vs Capcom 3 model.
- Hulk was originally planned to fight Broly from Dragon Ball Z, but Doomsday became a more popular request.
- Notably, Hulk would end up fighting Broly in One Minute Melee.
- Hulk is the physically strongest human combatant (not counting ones that look human but are actually not, such as Superman or Goku), he is even stronger than his opponent, Doomsday (despite the loss).
- Hulk is the second Avenger (Marvel Character) to fight against a Superman villain (DC Character), the first was Iron Man who fought against Lex Luthor.
- Hulk is the fifth Marvel character to lose in a Death Battle, the first four being Captain America, Beast, Wolverine, and Quicksilver, and later being followed by Captain Marvel and Silver Samurai.
- Hulk is the first hero to lose to a villain.