|Death Battle Combatant|
The Leader of the Foot Clan
|Origin||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
|Appearance(s)||Shredder VS Silver Samurai|
|“||I am here! Come face your doom!||„|
|~ The Shredder|
Oroku Saki, AKA The Shredder, is the main antagonist of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series. He appeared in the 82nd episode of Death Battle, Shredder VS Silver Samurai, where he fought against Silver Samurai from Marvel Comics.
The Shredder is a title held by many throughout the TMNT multiverse, but the main Shredder has always been Oroku Saki. He and Hamato Yoshi were often times friends, but jealousy, either because Yoshi seemed to be a better leader than Saki or because the love of Saki's life loved Yoshi, lead him to attack Yoshi and force him to go to New York City.
Saki would then rise up in the ranks of the Foot Clan and attempt to finally get rid of Hamato Yoshi. This attempt at killing Yoshi would often times either mutate him or turn his pet rat into Splinter, and would simultaneously create Shredder's ultimate nemesis, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Death Battle Info
- Real name: Oroku Saki
- Height: 6'6" | 198 cm
- Weight: 280 lbs | 127 kg
- Leader of the Foot Clan
- Rival to Hamato Yoshi
- Master of ninjutsu
- Favorite meal: Turtle soup
- A bounce house's worst nightmare
- Tekko-kagi claws
- Kuro Kabuto helmet
- Smoke pellets
- Laser sword
- Super Shredder
- Superhuman strength
- Superhuman durability
- Fought & disarmed 8 mutants at once
- Moved faster than the eye can see
- Survived Leatherhead's bite
- Once touched lava
- Threw oil tanker as Super Shredder
- Survive a 1,000 ft tall
- Cut through steel
- Defeated multiple Triceratons
- Shredder is the fifth combatant from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise to appear in Death Battle, with the first four being the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles themselves.
- He's the second TMNT character to win a Death Battle, with the first one being Leonardo.
- Shredder's sprites are a recolored version of his sprites from the Arcade version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time.
- The Super Shredder sprites, however, are completely fan-made.
- Shredder is the first Comic Book villain in Death Battle that is not from DC or Marvel.
- He is the ninth Comic Book character in Death Battle to not be from Marvel or DC, with the previous eight being Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, Spawn, Bucky O'Hare, Ramona Flowers and Scrooge McDuck.
- He is also the seventh non-DC character to face a Marvel character, with the previous six being Lord Raiden, Goliath, Darth Vader, Raiden, Pinkie Pie and Android 18, and with the next two being Lucy and Sigma.
- Shredder was considered as an opponent for Wolverine, along with Baraka (Mortal Kombat), Vega (Street Fighter) and Freddy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street), but it was decided he wouldn't stand a chance against him, so Raiden was chosen as Wolverine's opponent.
- His Death Battle against Silver Samurai makes Shredder the first of Wolverine's rejected opponents to be in a Death Battle, with him ironically fighting against an enemy of Wolverine.
- When Wiz mentions the third origin that covers Shredder's origins, in which Shredder himself is a bumbling idiot who sounds like Uncle Phil, it is an obvious reference to when the late James Avery, who did Uncle Phil for The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, has voiced the Shredder for the first 7 seasons of the classic 1987 TMNT.