|Death Battle Combatant|
|Origin||Journey into Mystery #83 (Marvel Comics)|
|Appearance(s)||Thor VS Raiden|
|“||Have at thee!||„|
|~ Thor during his battle with Raiden|
Thor Odinson is the god of thunder from Asgard and is the son of the All-Father Odin. In order to teach his son humility, Odin briefly banished Thor to Earth in a human body by the name of Donald Blake. After regaining his powers, Thor dedicated most of his time to protecting the citizens of Earth, and eventually founded the famous superhero team known as the Avengers with Iron Man, Hulk, Ant-Man, and the Wasp. He would battle many times with his arch-nemesis, his adoptive brother Loki.
Death Battle Info
- Real Name: Thor Odinson the Mighty
- Height: 6'6"
- Weight: 640 lbs.
- Secret Identity: Dr. Donald Blake
- Skilled Surgeon & Medic
- Guardian of Midgard A.K.A. Earth
- Superiority Complex
- Super Strength
- Supersonic Speeds
- Self Sustenance
- Inexhaustible Stamina
- Super Breath
- Immunity to Ailments
- Bound to Thor
- Literally means 'Crusher'
- Forged from a Starcore
- Momentum Based Flight
- Anti-Force Energy Blasts
- God Blast (Summons his energy into a beam capable of slaying immortals)
- Nordic Title: Meging Jord
- Belt of Strength
- Doubles Thor's Physique
- Weather Manipulation
- Wind-Powered Flight
- Earthquake Control
- Warrior's Madness Berserk State
- Healing Powers
- Master Marksman
- Top Flight Speed: Mach 32
- Martial Arts Mastery (Viking, Celtic, Saxon, German, & American fighting styles)
- Overpowered the Hulk
- Can Destroy Adamantium
- Escaped a Black Hole
- Strongest Asgardian, aside Odin, lifted the Midgard Serpent
Compared to Raiden
- Stronger, Tougher, & Faster
- Immune to Electricity
- Does not solely rely on electrical attacks
- Mjolnir is ridiculously powerful
- Arrogance only prolonged the fight
- Consistently defeats Loki, who is clever like Raiden
- Smarter, but much weaker
- Immune to Electricity
- More Fighting Experience
- Less Extreme Survival Experience
- Relies on electrical attacks, which were useless
Death Battle Auditions
Animators who wanted to audition for Death Battle had to create a short fight between Thor and Kratos from God of War. All the fights ended with Thor decapitating Kratos with Mjolnir.
- Thor is the second Marvel comics character on Death Battle, and was the only Marvel character with a non-DC comics opponent until Beast VS Goliath, Darth Vader VS Doctor Doom, Wolverine VS Raiden and Android 18 VS Captain Marvel, as well as being the first to defeat one with the second being Doctor Doom.
- Thor's strength has not often, but somewhat has been depicted as having no real limitation, similar to He-Man and Superman. This makes him one of the strongest combatants ever on the show.
- Some stories of Thor have Mjolnir actually weigh 42 pounds. However because of the godly Odin Force within Mjolnir, it has the properties of an indestructible and abnormally dense weapon. It is still very possible for Thor to split someone in half even with this misconception.
- Thor's sprite was built off of Thor's assist character sprite from Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.
- Thor was mentioned in Godzilla VS Gamera, in where Boomstick explains Godzilla matching Thor's strength is part of the reason he won against Gamera.