|Death Battle Combatant|
The Prince of All Saiyans
|Origin||Dragon Ball Z|
|Appearance(s)|| Vegeta VS Shadow |
Goku VS Superman (cameo)
Vegeta is the prince of the Saiyans from the Dragon Ball anime series and the rival of Goku. He appears in the 12th episode of Death Battle, Vegeta VS Shadow, where he went against Shadow the Hedgehog of the Sonic franchise. He was voiced by Nick Landis (Lanipator).
Vegeta also unofficially made an appearance in the joke Death Battle; "Vegeta vs Mewtwo?", where he "confronted" Mewtwo.
Vegeta was the prince of the Saiyans, a group of dedicated warriors whose planet was destroyed and race was enslaved by Lord Frieza. Vegeta became one of Frieza's top soldiers, but after hearing about the Dragon Balls, he and his companion Nappa traveled to planet Earth to achieve immortality, but were stopped by Goku and his friends. Vegeta tried to gather the Dragon Balls once again on Namek, even allying himself with his former enemies, but ended up getting killed by Frieza. He was resurrected, and despite his rebellious attitude, he would start a life on Earth by marrying Bulma and having a son named Trunks. He defends the Earth with the Z-Fighters and is now a friendly rival to Goku.
Death Battle Info
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 123 lbs.
- Saiyan Prince
- Elite Warrior Class
- Trained in Martial Arts
- Current Leader of the Z-Fighters
- Energy Bullet Volley
- Can reach levels 1 & 2
- 500% increase per form
- Can be activated any time
- Sustained through energy
- Nearly indestructible
- Level 2 drains more energy than Level 1
One Minute Melee
Vegeta made a cameo in the Trunks vs. Silver One Minute Melee, where he was fighting Shadow the Hedgehog again offscreen, and won. Vegeta also made a cameo in another One Minute Melee; Cell vs. Meruem. His fight with Shadow was made into a full episode, with Nick Landis reprising his role.
Vegeta appears as a combatant in DBX, where he faced off against General Zod from DC Comics, and won. Nick Landis reprises his role as Vegeta once again.
Death Battle Quotes
Vegeta vs. Shadow
- "Well that certainly sounds like me. Ummm...who and what are you?"
- "Ultimate life form? A weird looking rat, is an ultimate life form? HAHAHAHA! That's a laugh. Word of advice freak: you're a little on the short side if you're trying to be threatening."
- "Pathetic. Before you die, let me show you a True Ultimate Life Form!"
- "Hahaha! Tell me hedgehog, does a lab rat like you experience fear?"
- "Wow... what a ripoff."
- "Playtime's over, runt!"
- "Congrats, furball."
Goku vs. Superman
- "What, that pretty boy ass clown? Oh please. I could kill him with my eyes closed... even faster than that stupid transforming hedgehog."
- "Screw you!"
- Vegeta was the first Dragon Ball character on Death Battle.
- Vegeta and his opponent were the first characters on Death Battle with a voice actor.
- Vegeta is the first anime/manga character to be in Death Battle, the others being Goku, Strider Hiryu, Gundam Epyon, Majin Buu, Gaara, Guts, Hercule Satan, Astro Boy, Agumon, Roronoa Zoro, Erza Scarlet, Voltron Lion Force, Natsu Dragneel, Portgas D. Ace, Android 18 and Renamon.
- Vegeta appeared in a joke video made by Death Battle in response to Silvermania where he supposedly fought Mewtwo, and was again voiced by Lanipator.
- Vegeta is the 5th combatant to fight in Death Battle, DBX, and One Minute Melee, and win every single one of them. The first four were Roronoa Zoro, Raiden, Zero, and Akuma.
- He is also the second non-swordsman character to accomplish this, with Akuma being the first. Curiously, they are both hand-to-hand antiheroes.
- Vegeta's Funimation Voice Actor, Christopher Sabat, would eventually voice Solid Snake and Smokey Bear in Death Battle.
- In a humorous twist, Smokey's opponent (McGruff the Crime Dog) would be voiced by Chris Rager, (whom happens to voice Hercule Satan in the same series as Vegeta), coincidentally both Dragonball characters also won their respective DEATH BATTLEs.
- Vegeta is the only character to have the same voice actor in Death Battle, One Minute Melee, and DBX.
- Vegeta is the First Anime/Manga Character to win a Death Battle the others being Strider Hiryu, Gundam Epyon, Guts, Hercule Satan, Astro Boy, Agumon, Roronoa Zoro, Voltron Lion Force, Natsu Dragneel and Android 18.
- Vegeta is the twelfth character to appear on Death Battle who first came to being within the 1980s era. In his case being 1988 due to making his first appearance on Dragon Ball chapter #204: Goodbye Son Goku.
- Vegeta is one of sixteen combatants to fight in both Death Battle and One Minute Melee against the same person. The others are Deadpool, Deathstroke, Hercule Satan, Dan Hibiki, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Shadow, Natsu Dragneel, Portgas D. Ace, Lucario, Renamon, Luigi, Tails, Mario and Sonic.