|Death Battle Combatant|
|Origin||The Incredible Hulk #181 (November 1974)|
|Appearance(s)||Wolverine VS Raiden|
James "Logan" Howlett AKA Wolverine is a superhero in the Marvel Universe and a member of the X-Men and the Avengers. He appears in the 52nd Death Battle, Wolverine VS Raiden, where he fought Raiden of the Metal Gear video games. He is voiced by Xander Mobus.
Born in the 1800's, Wolverine's 100+ year life has been filled with love, misery, and death. Having been experimented on by the Weapon X program, which coated his bones in adamantium and nearly erased all of his memories, Wolverine has spent years trying to piece it all together.
After fighting The Hulk, Wolverine decided to join the X-Men, where he battled for the dream that humans and mutants could co-exist in peace.
Death Battle Info
- Real Name: James Howlett
- Age: > 137 years
- Height: 5'3"/160 cm
- Weight: 300 lbs/136.1 kg
- Aliases: Wolverine, Logan, Weapon X, Patch
- Member of the X-Men
- Founder of the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning
- Creator: Myron MacLain
- Inspired by Hercules' Adamantine hammer
- Extremely rare
- Considered indestructible
Powers & Arsenal
- Healing factor
- Animal empathy & senses
- Superhuman strength & speed
- Ablation Armor
- Muramasa sword
- Berserker Rage
- Adamantium Beta laced skeleton
- Bone claws
- 12 inches long
- Adamantium coated
- Lifted a Great White Shark
- Survived battles with Hulk
- Healed from near-complete disintegration
- Survived an onslaught from Phoenix
- Has stabbed Thanos & Gladiator
- Has defeated Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Romulus & Captain America
- Fought in over 4 large scale wars
- WW I, WW II, Vietnam, Cold War, etc.
Death Battle Quotes
- Fat chance, bub. You're next!
- Gotta admit, that hurt.
- Nice trick, Voltron. I'm actually more human than you. And that's saying something.
- No use hidin', bub.
- The nose knows.
- You're done!
- Well, my bones are covered in the strongest metal around. Does that count?
- Taste Adamantium!
- Ouch! Alright Terminator, now you've got me mad!
- Good night, RoboCop.
- Wolverine is the third member of the X-Men to appear in Death Battle.
- He's the third combatant to be voiced by Xander Mobus, the first two being Lion-O and RoboCop, with the fourth being Agumon.
- Wolverine is the third Marvel character to lose a Death Battle, the first two being Captain America and Beast.
- Wolverine is the ninth Marvel Comics character to appear in Death Battle. The first eight being Rogue, Thor, Spider-Man, Captain America, Deadpool, Iron Man, Beast, and Doctor Doom, followed by Hawkeye, Quicksilver, The Hulk, Venom and Captain Marvel.
- Wolverine's 3D model is from the Deadpool video game.
- According to Death Battle Live, Xander's Wolverine voice was influenced by Cal Dodd's interpretation from the 90s cartoon. Like Deadpool, the fight also had some dialogue from Wolverine's UMvC3 voice actor, Steve Blum.
- According to Death Battle Live, Wolverine had been planned to appear since the beginning of Death Battle but Ben and Chad couldn't decide who he should fight until Torrian came to the decision that he should fight Raiden.
- They also brought up that other suggested combatants for Wolverine by fans had been Baraka (Mortal Kombat), Vega (Street Fighter), Freddy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street), and the Shredder (TMNT), but unlike Raiden, none of those four would've stood a chance against Wolverine.
- Wolverine is the 2nd character out of three whose introduction before the Death Battle featured only Boomstick due to Ben Singer falling sick, the first being Ragna, and the 3rd being Deadpool (in his battle against Pinkie Pie).