|Death Battle Combatant|
The Red Cyclone
|Appearance(s)||Haggar VS Zangief|
|“||...I! ...am! ...the Red Cyclone! I pull you in... and smash you up!||„|
|~ Zangief after winning a battle in Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers|
Zangief is a Russian professional wrestler from Street Fighter. He appeared in the fifth episode of Death Battle, Haggar VS Zangief, where he "wrestled" against another Capcom fighter, Mike Haggar of the Final Fight series.
Zangief is a national Russian hero nicknamed the "Red Cyclone". The President promised Zangief the country's full support in exchange for traveling around the world and showing off the might of the Soviet Union (and to improve his image abroad, an objective which Zangief wasn't made aware of).
He then participates in the second World Warrior Tournament, hosted by Shadaloo, at the behest of the president, but loses. After the tournament, Zangief, dissatisfied with the outcome, returns to training in the Russian wilderness, wrestling bears. Eventually, he is approached by the largest wrestling organization in the world with an eye to signing the "Red Cyclone" to their promotion.
Death Battle Info
- Height: 214 cm / 7'0"
- Weight: 181 kg / 400 Ibs
- Hobbies: Wrestling, cossak dancing, vodka drinking
- Fighting Style: Russian Wrestling & Sambo
- Grabs & holds
- Throws from Tie-Ups
- Push & Pull opponent to throw off balance
- Counter-Attacks when foe loses balance
- Mix of wrestling & martial arts
- Uses tactics from Vikings, tartars, & golden horde
- Grappling, ground work, & submissions
- No leg locks or chokeholds
- Double Lariat
- Flying Power Bomb
- Atomic Suplex
- Body Splash
- Banishing Flat
- Spinning 'Screw' Piledriver
Ussuri Brown Bears
- Up to 1500 lbs.
- Twice as large as grizzly bears
- Rarely in packs
- Occasionally he wrestles polar bears
- Zangief is the second Street Fighter character on Death Battle, with the first one being Akuma and the next eight being Chun-Li, Blanka, M. Bison, Ryu, Dan Hibiki, Cammy White, Ken Masters and Balrog.
- Zangief, as well as his opponent, were the first wrestlers on Death Battle.
- Zangief, along with his opponent Mike Haggar, are the second and third Capcom character to appear in Death Battle, with the first being Akuma, and with the following fifteen being Felicia, Chun-Li, Dr. Wily, Blanka, M. Bison, Strider Hiryu, Ryu, Dan Hibiki, Mega Man, Dante, Cammy White, Ken Masters, Zero, Balrog and Vergil.
- Zangief is the third character to appear on Death Battle who first came to being within the 1990s era. In his case being February 6th of 1991 due to the fact that Street Fighter II: The World Warrior came out for the arcades.