|Death Battle Combatant|
Dr. Wily's Maverick Hunter
|Origin||Mega Man X|
|Appearance(s)||Metal Sonic VS Zero|
|“||Even if we Reploids are destined to join the scrap heap when that evolutionary step does come about...We still have to fight...Not only against Mavericks, but against our own destiny as well.||„|
Zero is a protagonist from the Mega Man X series. He appeared in the 79th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Metal Sonic VS Zero, where he faced off against a returning combatant, Metal Sonic from the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Zero was created by the late Dr. Wily to be his ultimate creation, surpassing both Bass and Mega Man. However, Zero had an error in his programming, making him violent and unwilling to obey orders, so he and the Maverick Virus, an advanced version of Roboenza, were sealed away by Wily in a capsule. Decades later, a group of Reploids would find Wily's lair and free Zero, only for him to destroy them and everyone who would dare to enter Wily's secret hideout. It took Sigma, who got infected with the virus during that battle, to destroy Zero's gem on his head and some reparations from Dr. Cain for Zero to finally join the Maverick Hunters.
Death Battle Info
- Height: 5'6" | 168 cm
- Built to destroy Mega Man
- Special 0 Unit Maverick Hunter
- Veteran from the Elf Wars
- Active for over 300 years
- Eventually became armor for a teenage boy
- Proto form
- Black Zero
- Power increased 100%
- Speed increased x4
- Resistant to fire
- Absolute Zero
- Flight, claws
- Power increased 100%
- Speed increased 50%
- Resistant to water
- Stronger and faster than Mega Man
- Can withstand 60,000 tons
- Can counter Quick Man speeds
- Defeated dozens of Mavericks
- Lasted over 300 years
- Dodged Optic Sunflower's laser
- Survived destruction of Eurasia colony
- Defeated Sigma, Vile, Copy X, Omega
One Minute Melee
Zero appeared on One Minute Melee, where he fought against Meta Knight from the Kirby series and won.
- Zero is the third Mega Man character to appear in Death Battle, the first two were Dr. Wily and Mega Man. (This is excluding Wily's Infantry)
- Zero is also the first Mega Man X character to appear in Death Battle.
- He is the first Mega Man DEATH BATTLE combatant to not be from the classic series.
- He's also the second Mega Man character to face off against a Sonic character.
- Zero is also the first Mega Man character to win a Death Battle.
- Zero is the sixth combatant to face off against a returning character.
- Zero is the third combatant to defeat a returning combatant. The first being Agumon and the second being Mewtwo.
- However, he is also the first and only (so far) to defeat a returning combatant who won their previous battle (Metal Sonic).
- He is also the 2nd combatant to defeat a returning Sonic character, with Mewtwo being the first.
- Zero is the third Capcom character, who did not originate from Street Fighter to win a Death Battle with the first two being Strider Hiryu and Dante.
- Zero is the third combatant to win a Death Battle, One Minute Melee, and DBX after Roronoa Zoro and Raiden and before Akuma and Vegeta.
- Zero is the first Death Battle winner to defeat another one in DBX, being followed by Samus Aran.
- Zero alongside his opponent, Metal Sonic, are (so far) the only combatants to have 2D Sprites and 3D Models in the same Battle.