|Death Battle Combatant|
Dr. Wily's Maverick Hunter
|Origin||Mega Man X|
|Appearance(s)||Metal Sonic VS Zero|
|“||Even if we Reploids are destined to join the scrap heap when that evolutionary step does come about...We still have to fight...Not only against Mavericks, but against our own destiny as well.||„|
Zero is a protagonist from the Mega Man X series. He appeared in the 79th episode of Death Battle, Metal Sonic VS Zero, where he fought against returning combatant Metal Sonic from the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Zero was created by the late Dr. Wily to be his ultimate creation, surpassing both Bass and Mega Man. However, Zero had an error in his programming, making him violent and unwilling to obey orders, so he and the Maverick Virus, an advanced version of Roboenza, were sealed away by Wily in a capsule. Decades later, a group of Reploids would find Wily's lair and free Zero, only for him to destroy them and everyone who would dare to enter Wily's secret hideout. It took Sigma, who got infected with the virus during their battle, to destroy Zero's gem on his head and some reparations from Dr. Cain for Zero to finally join the Maverick Hunters.
Death Battle Info
- Height: 5'6" | 168 cm
- Built to destroy Mega Man
- Special 0 Unit Maverick Hunter
- Veteran from the Elf Wars
- Active for over 300 years
- Eventually became armor for a teenage boy
- Proto form
- Black Zero
- Power increased 100%
- Speed increased x4
- Resistant to fire
- Absolute Zero
- Flight, claws
- Power increased 100%
- Speed increased 50%
- Resistant to water
- Stronger and faster than Mega Man
- Can withstand 60,000 tons
- Can counter Quick Man speeds
- Defeated dozens of Mavericks
- Lasted over 300 years
- Dodged Optic Sunflower's laser
- Survived destruction of Eurasia colony
- Defeated Sigma, Vile, Copy X, Omega
One Minute Melee
He was later confirmed to reappear in Season 6, where he will likely fight against Noctis Lucis Caelum from Final Fantasy VX.
- Zero is the third Mega Man character to appear in Death Battle, with the first two being Dr. Wily and Mega Man.
- He is the first Mega Man combatant to not be from the classic series.
- He is also the first Mega Man character to win a Death Battle.
- He is also the second Mega Man character to face off against a Sonic character, with the first being Dr. Wily.
- Zero is the sixth combatant to face off against a returning character, with the previous five being Zitz, Captain America, Agumon, Mewtwo and Pinkie Pie, and with the next four being Thor, Wonder Woman, Black Panther and Jin Kazama.
- Zero is the third combatant to defeat a returning combatant, with the first two being Agumon and Mewtwo, and with the next two being Wonder Woman and Black Panther.
- Zero is the third Capcom character, who did not originate in Street Fighter, to win a Death Battle, with the first two being Strider Hiryu and Dante, and with the next one being Leon S. Kennedy.
- Zero is the third combatant to win a Death Battle, One Minute Melee, and DBX after Roronoa Zoro and Raiden and before Akuma and Vegeta.
- Zero alongside his opponent, Metal Sonic, are (so far) the only combatants to have 2D Sprites and 3D Models in the same Battle.