|Death Battle Combatant|
|Origin||Mega Man X|
|Appearance(s)||Metal Sonic VS Zero|
|“||Even if we Reploids are destined to join the scrap heap when that evolutionary step does come about...We still have to fight...Not only against Mavericks, but against our own destiny as well.||„|
Zero is a character from the Mega Man X series. He will appear in the upcoming 79th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Metal Sonic VS Zero, where he will face off against a returning combatant, Metal Sonic from the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Zero was created by the late Dr. Wily to be his ultimate creation, surpassing both Bass and Mega Man. However, Zero had an error in his programming, making him violent and unwilling to obey orders, so he and the Maverick Virus, an advanced version of Roboenza, were sealed by Wily in a capsule. Decades later, a group of Reploids would find Wily's lair and free Zero, only for him to destroy them and everyone who would dare to enter Wily's secret hideout. It took Sigma, who got infected with the virus during that battle, to destroy Zero's gem on his head and some reparations from Dr. Cain for Zero to finally join the Maverick Hunters.
Death Battle Info
One Minute Melee
Zero appeared on One Minute Melee, where he fought against Meta Knight from the Kirby series and won.
- Zero is the third Mega Man character to appear in Death Battle, the first two were Dr. Wily and Mega Man. (This is excluding Wily's infantry)
- Zero is also the first Mega Man X character to appear in Death Battle.
- He is the first Mega Man DEATH BATTLE combatant to not be from the classic series.
- He's also the second Mega Man character to face off against a Sonic character.
- The first was Dr. Wily, who fought Dr. Eggman (which had Zero's opponent as a supporting character).
- Zero is the sixth combatant to face off against a returning character.